Screen bleed?

cvflowe

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Today, while on a dark screen I noticed light screen bleed at the bottom towards the center of the tablet. It doesn't really bother me, I'm concerned that it could be a problem in the future. Is this normal or should I get it fixed?

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Normal and there is no fix, and it won't get worse.

Light bleeding is a common problem with entry level IPS panels, and on tablets.
Entry level panels are affected due to cost cutting measures.
Tablets are affected due to manufactures using low cost IPS panels (this includes Surface Pro and iPads), as the tablet models are on the costly sides already due to the high pixel per inch requirement to show a high resolution in such small size, and also the thinnest of the panel, which manufactures need to make the tablet l doesn't allow for proper back light isolation.

Just to get an idea, for comparison purposes, a proper high grade IPS monitor at the consumer level (basically one that uses a true 8-bit panel (and not a 6-bit panel like what all more affordable IPS panels uses, and tablets), more uniform back light, no back light bleeding), the panel itself, without the enclosure, ports, and all that, is about the thickness of the Surface Pro, more or less.

Last edited:

MBytes

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
You're welcome!
Oops I noticed I had a sentence I forgot to removed when editing. Fixed now. Should make a bit more sense :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes