Screen defect?

gpsurface

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if anybody had this issue but this is already my second surface pro 3 with the same screen problem. There is a mark on the screen that can be visible only when there are finger prints on the screen. The round shaped bubble cannot be removed of affected by dirt o finger print but if I use a micro fiber cloth to clean the screen, you wont see the mark.

My first surface pro 3 had the same problem. Anyone had the same issue?

Attachments

• IMAG0747.jpg
    IMAG0747.jpg
    811.9 KB · Views: 20

gpsurface

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
This second image is my first surface pro 3 which had the same screen mark issue. The mark is not affected by finger prints

Attachments

• IMAG0683.jpg
    IMAG0683.jpg
    765.6 KB · Views: 20

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Who knows? Wash your hands dude, that's nasty! :)

Anyway, just keep your screen clean and you won't have an issue. Could be the oleophobic coating they use on the screen puddled a little bit there? Dunno but I wish they would coat my whole screen with what you have in that one spot. :)

gpsurface

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your input. The finger prints were done intentionally to provide the best representation of the patches in the screen.

There were some discussions on another forum and have confirmed that it is a manufacturing issue. You sure wouldn't want it on your screen as it is causing a rough part on the screen if you use the pen or your finger to slide through it.

gpsurface

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that information.

Just that, Microsoft's quality control for the Surface as a premium device is very poor. This is already the replacement they have sent me 2 days ago and it took them 3 weeks to process it. Now going through the whole process again... sigh

Bill Mitchell

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I know it's a drag to get a lemon but honestly, roughly 10% of any new product has an issue of some kind. It seems like more but if you compare the online complaints to actual units sold, the problem is quite isolated. Of course your get a lot of complaints in a forum because this is where people come to complain.

When you finally do get a "good" unit it is a terrific thing.

gpsurface

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Here is a more detailed image of the defect. It could be very isolated but surely it's unfortunate for me to get it twice and definitely wouldn't accept a brand new device of this quality.

Attachments

• screenn- pro 2.jpg
    screenn- pro 2.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 6

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
This does seem very strange indeed, ill never know if mine has the same problem, I'm constantly wiping away fingerprints after use - Adam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes