Surface Pro 3 and Miracast

jesusfreak420

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I have been trying to set up my Surface Pro 3 with my smart TV, but I can't seem to play to it. I have tried with both my Lumia 1520 and SP3, but don't seem to be having much luck (even though the TV is recognized on the network). Anyway, I was just wondering, do the SP3 and Lumia 1520 actually have Miracast, or could that be where my problem is? If it's possible, I'd love to be able to play my Xbox movies on the big screen while still being able to use my Surface to respond to e-mails.

Many thanks in advance,
Stu 😊

Rambalac

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

I have been trying to set up my Surface Pro 3 with my smart TV, but I can't seem to play to it. I have tried with both my Lumia 1520 and SP3, but don't seem to be having much luck (even though the TV is recognized on the network). Anyway, I was just wondering, do the SP3 and Lumia 1520 actually have Miracast, or could that be where my problem is? If it's possible, I'd love to be able to play my Xbox movies on the big screen while still being able to use my Surface to respond to e-mails.

Many thanks in advance,
Stu 😊

Better question is does your TV have Miracast? Smart TV even with WiFi builtin doesn't mean that by default.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the SP3 and 1520 have Miracast. Though most TV's have DLNA support not Miracast. This means you can PlayTo certain videos, but you'd need to buy a Miracast adapter for full support.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a Microsoft Wireless Display Adaptor today. However, when I try to project my screen, my SP3 does not give me the "add a wireless display" option. What am I doing wrong?

Update: I found some help on Microsoft forum. I had Netgear Firewall Services installed. I had to uncheck the box in my wireless adaptor settings. As soon as I did that, it allowed me to connect. It works great!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon