Surface Pro 3 fan and heat issue

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have the i7 Surface Pro 3 as soon as I opened it yesterday I updated it with the last Jan firmware update but still have the heat and fan issue, for some reason thats the only Firmware it updated to.
My question is this:
Does it already have the previous updates in it or not?
If not can I use this site to download the firmwares missing? Download Microsoft Tablets drivers - Softpedia
Thanks

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you run Windows Update again. It may find some more updates. If not, you've got everything in place.
I have the same device since Xmas, but haven't had any heat/fan issues so far. Of course it warms up under heavy usage and the fan kicks in, but that shouldn't surprise anybody. And it's definitely not getting hot enough to become uncomfortable while holding it.

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you run Windows Update again. It may find some more updates. If not, you've got everything in place.
I have the same device since Xmas, but haven't had any heat/fan issues so far. Of course it warms up under heavy usage and the fan kicks in, but that shouldn't surprise anybody. And it's definitely not getting hot enough to become uncomfortable while holding it.

I ran updates several times yesterday and today and still no more updates. this is the 3rd replacement and I am tired of setting it up every time I was wondering if I can find that specific update and do it manually thank you.

CliveSinclair

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
If your device isn't finding any updates, then it has them all. Is this a refurbished machine? Had mine from new for almost 8 weeks and no unusual fan/heat issues - unless worked hard the fan hardly ever comes on.

Microsoft have updated some chips CPU heatsink and paste in the last few months - that's why I asked if it is a refurbish, or new.

ahmad12

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
If your device isn't finding any updates, then it has them all. Is this a refurbished machine? Had mine from new for almost 8 weeks and no unusual fan/heat issues - unless worked hard the fan hardly ever comes on.

Microsoft have updated some chips CPU heatsink and paste in the last few months - that's why I asked if it is a refurbish, or new.

Actually this one is new they replaced it with new.

mashardy

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Ahmed,
I have the same issue as you. I just ordered my third replacement 5 minutes ago, did you resolve your problem?

Regards,
Ardy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2