Touchscreen problem

EvilMochi

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have had my SP3 i7 model since August with no problems (love it by the way, it has completely replaced my PC/Laptop).

I was using it today as per normal when suddenly the touch screen was acting a little strange. I rebooted several times, even did the 'volume up and power on' button a few times but the issue persists. The unit is set to auto update and there haven't been any updates within the last day or so from my recollection so it can't be a bug.

The problem is that t I am only able to scroll up or down (and it's not very smooth). I am unable to open any tiles or apps (windows home screen) or interact with the screen (i.e. zooming in/out etc). Basically I can only do very basic touch functions. Also now when I start the SP3 and see the log in screen, there's always a visible repetitive touching animation to the right in the same spot as if I was pressing that spot (almost like a ghost was repeatedly pressing it :D). I hope I've been able to describe the problem clearly.

The repair center is pretty far away so I'm hoping if anyone has had a similar problem or knows about it could kindly shed some light on the issue please?

Thank you.

EvilMochi

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply ven07.

I read through the first link before posting this thread but unfortunately none of the steps resolved the issue.

I'm too afraid to try the second link, I might mess something up. :D

BGrewer

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem yesterday (with my i5 265gb) where the onscreen cursor kept scrolling up and do nothing else, however I was able to 'fix' this by rebooting the system.
Sorry that you haven't been as fortunate as me-as I got the problem fixed, and I hope that you'll get your Surface fixed!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the reply ven07.

I read through the first link before posting this thread but unfortunately none of the steps resolved the issue.

I'm too afraid to try the second link, I might mess something up. :D

Yea I wouldn't want to take a chance either.. Best option right now (If Grewer's solution didn't work either) is to bring it in :) Let us know how everything works out :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes