One thing that I miss coming from Apple OSX is that in OSX Lion and newer, there is a feature that allows the easy entry of many foreign characters. The keyboard now matches what happens in iOS soft keyboards - when you tap and hold a key, you get "options" for extended characters and you select which option you want. This keeps you from having to go open a keyboard viewer or change keyboard languages just to get those characters into whatever you are writing.

Now I'm on an SP3 and I love it but I am wondering - Is there an option (even 3rd party) to provide this same functionality in Windows? Its a great feature and I wish it was built into Windows!
    03-03-2015 12:00 PM
    It is built in the software keyboard when you use it as a tablet. It doesn't work with type cover.
    03-04-2015 09:56 PM
    I am aware of the solution built into the software keyboard and the problem is that it isn't very complete and doesn't work with hard keyboards. It only adds a few characters and is missing many of the diacritics even found in European languages. The OSX solution is much more complete and works with any keyboard. What I want is something that works with all keyboards, not just soft keyboards and is a more complete than what is available in Windows today (including Windows 10 TP).
    03-05-2015 02:43 PM