How can I fix my Surface Pro 3 cracked screen?

Redhead97

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 - Cracked Screen

So I had my laptop in its case, and the strap broke and it fell on the ground and unbelievably the corner of the screen has cracked which has then sent a light/almost unnoticeable crack right through the centre of the screen. This has affected the touchscreen and it is now not working.I am incredibly upset because this has happened, and am not sure what the next step is? Anyone willing to help me

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: Surface Pro 3 - Cracked Screen

You might be able to claim cost of repair/replacement on your house insurance?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It's not easy replacing the screen, but is defiantly doable. check out ifixit's site and they have a complete breakdown of how to take it apart.

jsouth117

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I talked to surface support for my broken tablet, they gave me the option to replace it for $300 total (maybe more depending on which device you have, I have a SP3 i3). They said it would take about a week and they would send either a new or manufacture refurbished device. Now to decide if I want to do it because $300 is a lot, but still cheaper than a new tablet.

cdf3

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Surface Pro 3 - Cracked Screen

I can't remember off hand how much the deductible would be. If it's around $50 dollars, then you'd only be paying about $100 more than those of us that have Microsoft Complete for this one instance. (Microsoft Complete $149 + deductible $50).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Wife's 256 I5 SP3 was bumped off the bedside table and fell onto a timber floor had a slight dent in the bottom corner. Next day she placed it in here handbag before heading out came home complaining that the touch screen was not working. so I had a look at the screen it had a crack that started in the same corner from where it had made contact when dropped, The crack started at that point ran to the middle and split in 2 other directions. :( Same as you we were told its going to cost $300 to fix it. The SP3 is not as tough as the surface RT we have 2 in the house and they have both been on the floor at least once.

Rick Radcliff

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
FYI

I dropped my Surface and worked totally fine at first and then I noticed a small crack and eventually the touchscreen was acting like I was constantly touching it. So I asked my son if he knew how to turn of the touchscreen feature and we did that. I had a presentation the next day out of town and didn't have time to go maybe even for a new one at Best Buy.

I'm typing on it right now. Turning off the touchscreen works if you still want to use it temporarily. I'll likely send it back for replacement but not sure I want a refurbished one - if that's what they'll give me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon