1. jordanzhninja's Avatar
    Last year when I watched the reveal for the Surface Pro 3 I just had to have it and sure enough I did get one in the launch week when it came out in the UK.

    However now after almost a year I don't feel like its the right device for me anymore. Windows 10 preview builds may have ruined my impression of the device, but of the two I've had (had to RMA one), neither can hold a charge, and my current one gets very hot easily (the fan is running most of the time) and I have to put it up to a fully open window to stop it from throttling.

    I really like the Surface Pro 3 but I think I would be better with a Tablet + Desktop combo. My reasoning is that 90% of the time I am doing tablety stuff which is a waste of the i5 but the other 10% of the time I do resource intensive tasks like Video Editing, Visual Studio and Photoshop which the i5 struggles with.

    Would it be worth getting a Surface 3 + Desktop? Or another windows tablet? I don't game on computers so the GPU for my desktop could be very cheap. And I'm not getting an iPad or android tablet, windows is the only option.

    Also idk how much my SP3 would sell for. It's the i5/128GB/4GB variant with a blue keyboard but no pen
    07-02-2015 08:05 AM
  2. SurfaceSmiths's Avatar
    Sounds like you answered your own question. It appears that the SP3 is not meeting your use cases as well as you expected and you can see yourself using two devices. I personally love having one device for everything. I rarely use another device so for me it works. Additionally, if you sell now you will probably get more for it as we are going into announcement and back to school sale season which will drive down the price of your SP3.
    07-02-2015 09:40 AM
  3. rdubmu's Avatar
    Windows 10 gets really hot on my pro 3 as well. Get a docking station and go back to windows 8

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ArrowQueen likes this.
    07-04-2015 06:24 PM
  4. F1WP's Avatar
    That's odd, my SP3 fan comes on only sometimes, like Photoshop etc. Just use W8.1.
    07-04-2015 06:30 PM

Similar Threads

  1. Why does it loose my SD card?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Windows Phones
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 10:44 PM
  2. When I received the Denim update 8.1 update 2 for my Lumia 820?
    By Windows Central Question in forum Windows Phones
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 07:10 PM
  3. How much is a used surface pro 3 worth? i5/128gb
    By Windows Central Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 11:49 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 09:52 AM
  5. Why am i not able to install WhatsApp in my Lumia625?
    By Sachin S V in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 02:48 AM