Is there a possibility for a Power Cover 2.0?

Hutzi

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Do you think there is a possibility for a Power Cover 2.0 for the SP4? Would you guys like to have the option to extend battery life on your new Surface, even if it would mean that one would have to add a little more heft to it?

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
kinda dout it. I was hoping they would build a "keyboard dock" but that turned into Surface book.

I have the old Power Cover, will check tonight whether it works with SP4 as it did with SP3. I used to take it with me on trips

pdt

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
If it adds a real 8 hours of life with MS Office, I would buy it. I would expect it would be about the same size and weight as the SP4 itself, and would cost around $200-250. Microsoft gave up too easily on its old one, which is undersized for the application. The Surface Book might evolve into the right solution if they put a bigger battery in the tablet and get rid of the "gap" between tablet and keyboard. And of course iron out the bugs.

Or they could accomplish the same goal by making the battery replaceable.

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to see a new power cover for my SP4... but I just bought a $150 Qi-Infinity™ Powergrid 34200mAh External Battery Pack... so if it works well I might not bother with a Power Cover 2.0.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes