Unable to open Action Center

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am unable to open the Action Center on my SP3 running Windows 10. When I'm tablet mode and swipe from the right, it brings up a blank screen. The same if I touch the Action Center icon. When In desktop mode, and I click on the Action Center icon, it does nothing. I've gone through all of my settings and can't find anywhere to fix this.

It's only started doing this a few days ago, and I don't know what happened to cause it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I did, and it still doesn't work. I also uninstalled an app called "TouchMe" thinking that it may have interfered with an update. No dice...Action Center still doesn't open. I don't want to kill my current install and start from scratch. That means reverting back to 8, then reinstalling 8.1, then 10. I just got done doing that on my daughter's desktop. It was a PAIN.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Grrr... So, I did some of the proposed fixes I found for this issue, I re-started my SP3 and Action Center worked...then stopped working. I think there is a process that is getting shut off (or another process is interfering with it). I REALLY don't want to have to do a restore. Grumble...grumble..grumble...

dncnstphn

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Forgive me if I sound like an *****. I am having the same issue with the action center. I have not visited the link just yet because I believe that I too need the November update. I just did the whole "check for updates" thing, and followed the prompts. I am just wondering if there is something other than that that I have to do in order to get it. ( I'm sorry I am kind of computer ignorant)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@dncnstphn well you probably realized now that this thread dates back to 2015, so the update you're looking for you should already long have it!

I know I find the action center a bit slow to appear on my SP3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk