sending text messages from surface pro to win phone

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
should i not be able to send text messages from my pro 4 via win phone?

I paired my win phone to the surface, but to this day have not been able to send messages successfully via cortana

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
should i not be able to send text messages from my pro 4 via win phone?

I paired my win phone to the surface, but to this day have not been able to send messages successfully via cortana

Just say "Hey Cortana text [contact name]"..... works for me with SP4 and 640... contact must be in People list so put yourself in contact list with your mobile # Use "Lord and Master" or something

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
You can also type "Text [contact name]". Cortana will then display a field to enter a text message and verify before sending. It currently doesn't work in the messaging app if that's what you've been trying. I've had no issues with texting via Cortana on my PC, and my phone is running Android.

tennisfan#AC

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
You can also type "Text [contact name]". Cortana will then display a field to enter a text message and verify before sending. It currently doesn't work in the messaging app if that's what you've been trying. I've had no issues with texting via Cortana on my PC, and my phone is running Android.

Oh Really? I didn't realize I could use Cortana to send text messages to my Android phone. I thought it only worked on Windows Phones. Please elaborate.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh Really? I didn't realize I could use Cortana to send text messages to my Android phone. I thought it only worked on Windows Phones. Please elaborate.

As tennisFan#AC mentioned, open the "Phone Companion" app on your Windows 10 device, it'll take you through the process of getting Cortana setup on your Android device. Once you have Cortana installed and signed in with the same Microsoft account, you can use Cortana on your Windows PC to send text messages to anyone in your contact list. Cortana on your PC communicates with Cortana on your phone to access your phones SMS/Text app and sends the messages.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Here is a tip.... you may have more than one Mark or more than one Robert in your contacts so when you type/say in Cortana "text Mark" you will be presented with a list of Marks and you have to choose the correct one. This adds an extra step. So.... instead just use their surname to text someone eg: "text Williams" or "text Redford" to be instantly taken to the correct name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon