Minecraftin' on the Surface Pro 4

anon(9883946)

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Greetings & Good Tidings All!

I recently purchased Minecraft to enjoy on my Surface Pro 4. I have some concerns about what graphics settings I should be running. Running higher graphics settings causes the Surface's fan to activate and cool at a high speed for a sustained period of time. Is this dangerous? Will I eventually "burn out" the fan doing this?

If anyone else in this wonderful Windows community is also enjoying Minecraft on the Surface Pro 4, what graphics settings do you use?

By the way, I have the i5 processor with 8GB RAM.

Thank you for your kind assistance!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. It isn't really dangerous, the fan is just doing its job and if it were really at a big risk of "burning out" then it'll be a lot more commonly mentioned when talking about older PC's. I have a laptop that dates back to 2008/2009 (not original owner though) and it's seen plenty of action. Fan was never a problem on any device I owned so far.)

2. If you're gaming a lot though, there's plenty of better devices than the Surface Pro though, but it'll do the job just fine.

anon(9883946)

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
1. It isn't really dangerous, the fan is just doing its job and if it were really at a big risk of "burning out" then it'll be a lot more commonly mentioned when talking about older PC's. I have a laptop that dates back to 2008/2009 (not original owner though) and it's seen plenty of action. Fan was never a problem on any device I owned so far.)

2. If you're gaming a lot though, there's plenty of better devices than the Surface Pro though, but it'll do the job just fine.

Thanks for your quick reply, xandros9!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon