Preorders and getting them early

jredecop82

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
First preorder with microsoft (through best buy). I know some things go out early, any one have any experience with microsoft/surface? They ship early or is 15th the earliest we will see them?

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I saw a thread on another forum where a guy already received his from an eBay retailer; m3 model. He posted the unboxing but it seemed to be a defective unit and was returned. That is really odd, but I guess anything is possible.

I am preordered from Microsoft and hoping for an early delivery!

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
My credit card just got charged... I have notifications on Amex. I ordered the i5/8G/256G with the keyboard, and the pen separately. In the Microsoft Store, my order now shows ordered for the SP, but the keyboard (same order) and pen both still say pre-ordered.

jredecop82

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
My credit card just got charged... I have notifications on Amex. I ordered the i5/8G/256G with the keyboard, and the pen separately. In the Microsoft Store, my order now shows ordered for the SP, but the keyboard (same order) and pen both still say pre-ordered.

Nice! Same one I ordered.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Actually, just checked again and now the SP still shows preordered, but the Microsoft Complete shows processing. So something is happening.

jredecop82

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Apparently Best Buy is better at informing what is going on. Nothing really changed in my Microsoft direct order other than credit card being charged.

I dont think they are...I got a tracking number but its not valid. Guess it still hasnt really shipped, just label printed.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine is gonna be LATE, quite the contrary. Just got a call from Yorkdale MS store... One of the not - so - proud Canadian moments....

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
My order has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Ordered SP and type cover at announcement day... ordered the pen a few weeks later. Got a shipping notice on the pen and just the type cover yesterday, with a planned delivery 3 business days later on Monday. Never got a tracking number for shipment of the SP. Then today the two tracking numbers (UPS) both say out for delivery, even though they still show Monday as the planned delivery date. I'm hoping the SP is in there and they just didn't manage the order notifications correctly. I won't unfortunately know until about dinner time when UPS delivers to my house.

jredecop82

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
My order has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Ordered SP and type cover at announcement day... ordered the pen a few weeks later. Got a shipping notice on the pen and just the type cover yesterday, with a planned delivery 3 business days later on Monday. Never got a tracking number for shipment of the SP. Then today the two tracking numbers (UPS) both say out for delivery, even though they still show Monday as the planned delivery date. I'm hoping the SP is in there and they just didn't manage the order notifications correctly. I won't unfortunately know until about dinner time when UPS delivers to my house.

Got my surface and type cover today. Pen got delayed til tomorrow.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Bought the Surface Pro i7 / 8 GB / 256 GB and the burgundy keyboard tonight at the Microsoft Store. They didn't have any burgundy pens so didn't get a pen. But I have the old champagne and the silver pens from my SP4 machines. They'll do for awhile.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
UPS finally came after 8pm with two packages. Pen and type cover. No nSP. So my card has been charged and no update on when it will be shipped. I'll never preorder anything again. I'm heading to the Microsoft Store today and hopefully they are still in stock. Very annoyed with this.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
My order is still not showing any change so I went to the Apple Store and bought one today. I can't now seem to cancel the order because I was already charged, and I tried to call support at the number on the store site for order help and it didn't ring or anything... no sound when I dialed. So I guess I now have to wait until this thing ever shows up so I can return it and get my money back. Very frustrating.

But at least now I'm enjoying setting it up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareceKeard