External Display Issue

mekanism

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Core i5 8g 256gig model-

I have an issue when using the mini display port connected to an external display. If I leave the display plugged in and put the tablet to sleep then turn it back on the screen is black, and the mouse cursor flickers, never letting me log in. If I leave it this way the computer freezes and I have to do a hard reboot (hold power and volume up).

I have already submitted this as a bug to Microsoft, just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Check your Intel Display Drivers for updates in Device Manager. Could be an issue requiring a BIOS (firmware) fix though as there is nothing otherwise new about the new SP. I suspect you'll find it will magically start working after they roll out a future update.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my i7 8G/256. It happens using the mini displayport as well as the surface dock. I chatted with support earlier this week and they had me use the Software Repair Tool but it didn't fix the problem. There seems to be a driver issue. If they don't get it fixed in the next 12 days, I'm returning my Surface Pro (inside the 30 day window)

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I haven't seen this problem on my new Pro, but this recently happened to me on a Surface Book -- black screen and stuttering cursor on waking from sleep. When I unplugged the external monitor, the Surface displayed the lock screen and I could get in. After that, reconnecting the monitor restored the extended display.

Yeah, this shouldn't happen.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Last Friday I decided to move my Surface Pro to the Insider Fast Ring to get build 16237 and this problem seems to have gone away.

I do have a new problem in that my Surface will no longer go to sleep unless I press the power button or close the lid, but that it another story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk