Surface Pro X and wired headphones

webosdropout

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, Just bought my X and so far so good with some apps not wanting to play nice but overall can work around.

I've go a really nice SteelSeries Headphones and didnt want to buy a bluetooth version. So I bought a 3.5mm jack to USB C adapter but my Surface wont recognize it.

Anything I'm missing of should do?

Thanks in advance for your input

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Did you buy the Microsoft adapter? There is no guarantee that a generic one will work.

But my Apple USB-C to headphone adapter works fine with my X.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
Also, you should consider just joining the 21st century and going Bluetooth. I have loads of Bluetooth speakers and headphones. Most have a wired option too, so you can plug in an audio cable and pretend it is 1990.

webosdropout

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Also, you should consider just joining the 21st century and going Bluetooth. I have loads of Bluetooth speakers and headphones. Most have a wired option too, so you can plug in an audio cable and pretend it is 1990.

Thanks for the non-answer. Some tech companies, including mine have had too many issues supporting Bluetooth headphones for remote work customer support.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
What kind of "support" do headphones need? You connect, they work. Its really very simple.

Speaking of non-answers, I already asked what USB-C adapter you bought. Which you did not answer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon