3 USB ports isnt enough unfortunately.

I am using the 3 as follows...

1. G-Raid with dual 6 TB drives in Raid 1 configuration.

2. CineRaid hard drive replicator, has dual slots that I have a 2TB and 480GB SSD plugged into for extra memory.

3. Anker USB port replicator

The Anker port replicator works fine for attaching a camera card reader, thumbwheeled mouse (I have always used the thumb wheeled versions and cant go back hence no go for mouse that came with system), LG BlueRay drive/burner, I use the extra powered USB ports to charge my ipads or iphone (works great for this) but have to move the plug over if I want to back up one of the iDevices I have.

My problem comes about when I try to plug in my CFast reader with a camera card in it, or if I try to plug the new G-Raid into the port extender, my mouse quits working completely.

Does anyone have a solution for USB port extender that doesnt choke up like this? I went with the Anker because I read somewhere that the LG BlueRay device would work with it and this is fine.....but now I need to do more and well......you see the problem.

What are others doing?

By the way, this is the first problem I have encountered with the Studio and still think it is a top notch device....Help on this issue please!
    10-25-2017 05:43 PM
    Came up with a clever approach to adding USB ports......buy a Synology NAS. It will plug in through the Ethernet connection on the back of the computer and they typically have their own processor AND 2 USB3.0 ports on them! Since I do photography work, I always need a back up scheme....this would be a 2 for 1!

Also I have an Anker 7 port extender (and three USB ports for just charging your phone or tablet) which works with my LG Blue Ray reader/burner.
    10-27-2017 05:44 PM
    The Synology while it will work to add another USB type device or storage, I found my older Synology to be really sloooooow. So I am trying something different. Buying a Seagate 6TB drive that has two port extenders in the front of it. I will be able to report back after Thanksgiving with a report pn how well this does or doesnt work.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...pUvbUpU3719834
    11-20-2017 07:04 PM