CPU Speed under Task Manager

Gshaw31

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Just got my SPro and after playing with a lot of setting, I've screwed up the CPU Speed under task manager. It must be with one of the power profiles but I cannot see where I made the change.

Currently the CPU Speed under task manager stays at 1.7g but with CPU-Z I can see the multiplier and speed change alot. I know that task manager was changing with the CPU Scaling when I first got the SPRO but what did I change? When I select "performance" as my plan task manager still says 1.7 but CPU-Z says 2.3. Can anyone tell me what I changed to make Task Manager not scale with the CPU?

garyjk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
under power management, click change plan settings, change advanced power settings and scroll down to processor power management and see what the maximum power state is set to.

Gshaw31

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
grayjk, thanks for the reply....Hey under processor power management I only have the cooling policy battery-passive, plugged in-Active.

Gshaw31

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks jhoff80, that was it, Hyper-V. I still don't understand why that would be but hey, at least I can now explain what is happening.

Thanks again!

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I don't fully understand it myself, but basically when you install Hyper-V, I guess it includes sort of a virtual CPU driver for the host OS, because it has to be aware of the presence of the virtual machines in order to best keep performance even between them.

With that being the case, you can't set the maximum or minimum CPU state in the host OS, and it also means that Task Manager shows 1.70GHz no matter what.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2