Wow. Surface RT demand is high

GB330033

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Technically you can only say that Surface RT's demand appears to exceed the supply of pre-orders. We have no idea how many units Microsoft set aside for web pre-order, so we have no way of knowing what the demand really is.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Technically you can only say that Surface RT's demand appears to exceed the supply of pre-orders. We have no idea how many units Microsoft set aside for web pre-order, so we have no way of knowing what the demand really is.

true. but three weeks backorder in less than 24 hours in the US?? I Think it's high

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Companies are famous for making false shortages during this time of year. People want what's hard to get I guess. Microsoft did it with the 360 and I'm sure they are doing it for the surface.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Companies are famous for making false shortages during this time of year. People want what's hard to get I guess. Microsoft did it with the 360 and I'm sure they are doing it for the surface.

doesn't look like it. and how would you know they are doing it with the Surface. that was the past

GB330033

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
true. but three weeks backorder in less than 24 hours in the US?? I Think it's high

It could be. It'd be nice for Microsoft if that's the case. But for all we know, they only put 5000 (or some other crazy low number) up for pre-order in each region.

Lets hold off on saying that demand is high until we see how many they move at retail on the actual launch day

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
It could be. It'd be nice for Microsoft if that's the case. But for all we know, they only put 5000 (or some other crazy low number) up for pre-order in each region.

Lets hold off on saying that demand is high until we see how many they move at retail on the actual launch day

true. but I know 28 people getting a Surface RT with type covers 32 gb

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft opened 30 stores for this holiday season with the main focus being selling the Surface. They know the $499 option will be the biggest mover. I believe they just didn't make very many of that configuration available for pre-order to ensure that all physical retail stores would have an adequate supply. Imagine how useless those 30 kiosks will be if they sell out of the biggest mover in just a couple of hours on the first day.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft opened 30 stores for this holiday season with the main focus being selling the Surface. They know the $499 option will be the biggest mover. I believe they just didn't make very many of that configuration available for pre-order to ensure that all physical retail stores would have an adequate supply. Imagine how useless those 30 kiosks will be if they sell out of the biggest mover in just a couple of hours on the first day.

true. It's gonna be the same internationally

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
well depends. It can be sold by MS resellers. I think

Even so, that wouldn't effect MS stock desicions. They would fufill the resellers orders, and then continue to do their own thing on their website. I think the fact that it was the 32 GB with keyboard that sold out in Canada and the UK and the 32 no keyboard in the US shows that they are holding back stock of the 32 GB no keyboard in the US to ensure stock at retail, where they have their best chance of swaying someone to Winodws RT instead of the iPad or Android. They don't have that retail presence in other countries, so they don't need to set any stock aside.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
With Windows 8 tablets I'm hearing more and more people saying things like, "i never had the need for a tablet before but I think I'll get a Windows 8 tablet". With that in mind I think people want MS hardware more than others.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
With Windows 8 tablets I'm hearing more and more people saying things like, "i never had the need for a tablet before but I think I'll get a Windows 8 tablet". With that in mind I think people want MS hardware more than others.
Same as me. I keep hearing people getting a Windows 8 Tablet. most of them are Samsung and Asus Tablets

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup Microsoft marketing finally getting something right! I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Imagine if they figured this out before apple.
hmm. true. I think this is the second best tablet in the market right after the ipad :)

Last edited:

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I this will grow as the commercials air.. Watching the LSU and Texas A&M game and saw the surface commercial twice..

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes