Surface RT and WP8 via Bluetooth

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody been able to sync their Surface RT and Windows Phone together via Bluetooth? I'm trying to connect the two. I would like to share websites and play music from my phone to my Surface.

I have successfully connected my phone to Windows 8 machines but my Surface RT seems to be acting more like a mobile device and less like a computer when it comes to Bluetooth connections .

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm facing the same problems. I was able to bluetooth a photo from my RT to my 920 but that was about it. I might try bluetoothing music just as a test. Hopefully website sharing will be enabled in future updates to SmartGlass. I also think NFC pairing would have been nice. Shame the Surface RT is NFC-less.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm facing the same problems. I was able to bluetooth a photo from my RT to my 920 but that was about it. I might try bluetoothing music just as a test. Hopefully website sharing will be enabled in future updates to SmartGlass. I also think NFC pairing would have been nice. Shame the Surface RT is NFC-less.

You have been able to set up a connection between the phone and surface though? I haven't even been able to get that far!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Please explain! Whenever I connect the two via devices over Bluetooth, it instantly disconnects.

The 920 always disconnect if there's not a file currently being transferred. It will automatically connect once is a file is being sent or received.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The 920 always disconnect if there's not a file currently being transferred. It will automatically connect once is a file is being sent or received.

sorry if I sound like an idiot, but what do you do to initiate the transfer between the two? Not under Devices or Share in the charms bar is it? cause ive been playing with that trying to find it.. :/

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire