Blown away by the level of MS customer service

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

I wanted to share an amazing customer service story from the Microsoft Store today.'

Little bit of background -- I've owned a Surface RT sine day 1 in October. It's been my pride and joy and I use it at home, work, and more than my regular computer.

I had a white touch cover and used it since I first got my surface. However, it recently was giving me some issues with the seam separating on the top left and right corners. Not a big deal, but brought it in the store anyway to see if they had any way to repair it. I brought it in, they took one look at said they were going to swap it, no questions asked. They even let me choose another cover I wanted (which blew me away). I opted for black as it would be less prone to showing dirt like my white one typically has.

I'm just completely amazed that they did that. Sure, my touch cover had issues, but I didn't even get it from that store, it was well past the return period, and was only cosmetic.

No point I wanted to make other than share a good customer service story. Makes me proud to own a surface much more so now.

ramonq619

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the blue one and I as well bought it day one. My touch cover is separating from the middle where you connect it to the surface.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That really sounds like good customer service! Unfortunately it's up to the people behind the counters (on the phone, in the chat ...) to care and react regarding customers' needs. And it's about customers' feedback too! I do try to give exact feedback all the time, surely enjoying more to give positive feedback ;)
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same experience last week. Same deal, day 1 Surface user, my touch cover was fraying at the corners and the center of the connector spine was separating. They were grabbing me a new replacement cover, I asked if I could upgrade to the type cover, $10.88 later, I had a type cover clicked in.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This is great to hear! I have always had amazing experiences in my local Microsoft Store - good to hear that this amazing customer service applies elsewhere as well!

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah we don't have MS stores in Australia but I've found the surface warrantee to be excellent. They organized for courier pick up and replacement of my touch cover

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow completely different from my experience, I have a surface RT to, wouldn't start for unknown reason. the surface thing came up and then the circle under it never showed and it never got any further than that. Called costumer service and they never told me anything! they tried to fix it but I think it was just completely broken wait on hold for probably a day in total hours, and so when I demand a new one they said ok, and I had gone to about three supervisors at that point, and they did not help. So they shipped me a new and told me to ship my broken one back to them. One which took about 10 days to get to me, called about day 5 and asked said they didn't have any recorded of it so at that point I just gave up. Oh and they said if I didn't ship my broken one back I would be charged for the new one. so I got the new surface and when I was getting ready to ship my broken one back I came to a screeching halt. They didn't send me a return label. I called them one more time and asked what was going on and they said they had no recorded of anything that had happened, anything under my name. I was mad but somewhere in the way they gave me a shipping label and I sent off my broken surface to fully aware that I would probably be paying the 500 dollar new surface they had sent me. never heard from then again and the only new info I got was that on my credit card bill there was a charge for 150 dollars from Microsoft. so you can say I have had a pretty bad experience with Microsoft customer service. this all took me about a month and a half to two months (not including the 150 dollar charge and all) terrible. By the way I bought my first surface online and there is no Microsoft store within 500 miles of me I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes