Apple Magic Mouse and Surface RT - does it work OK?

evilrob

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use an Apple Magic Mouse with the Surface RT?

Just want a small, touch-enabled bluetooth mouse to use with a Surface RT - I already have a Magic Mouse, but I'll go out and get a Wedge if necessary.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone use an Apple Magic Mouse with the Surface RT?

Just want a small, touch-enabled bluetooth mouse to use with a Surface RT - I already have a Magic Mouse, but I'll go out and get a Wedge if necessary.

If I still had my magic mouse I'd try it. I do have a Magic Tackpad still though. I'll try it and let you know, should give a good indication if the magic mouse would work or not.

I don't think it works with PCs, only Macs. Try it though first.

It works on Windows 7 and 8, so I don't see why it wouldn't work on RT since the drivers SHOULD be there.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Cheers - I'd appreciate that. :)

Just tried my Magic trackpad. It can connect to the Surface and left click works, unfortunately right click does not (even the two finger right click). Same as on my Windows 8 laptop (though there is a driver you can install for non-RT devices to get it to work properly).

pbankey

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that the magic mouse works with the Surface RT, but scrolling does not. I was able to pair, left/right click on things just fine, but not scroll. Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon