RT problem

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
So, I shut down my RT, and when I went to boot it up again the "Surface" splash screen comes up and then it goes top a symbol of a battery with a circle around it. I know my charger is good (I have two and they work on another tablet but neither make a difference on this one).When I connect the charger to the Surface, the light comes on briefly and then goes off. Any ideas? Bad battery or charging port maybe?

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but I'd already tried that. This has been going on for a few days. I guess it's time to contact MS for warranty service.

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
You probably tried this, but I had issues with mine where the light wouldn't stay on but if I flipped the charger upside down from how I normally plugged it into the Surface it worked. That only happened a couple times that I know of but I thought it was strange.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I tried that and it didn't work. That is strange. I really wish Microsoft had not used a proprietary charging connector. Anyway, thanks for trying. I'm getting a replacement from Microsoft. I hope it's been cared for as well as mine.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I had to get mine replaced last week because of a faulty headphone jack... The one they sent through is like new (and the jack works perfectly lol!). In fact the only negative part for me was ups not delivering on weekends, so i had to redirect it to my work address... Who doesn't deliver on Saturdays!? An I have to use my day off this week to wait in for a collection between 9am and 7pm. Yeah, thanks ups...

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the unit is in really good condition (honestly, it youd never know if its a refurb). Just make sure that when you run the first setup you attach the touch/type cover. I got excited and forgot, then had to do a system restore because the keypad wasn't typing (though the trackpad and volume keys worked), because the surface hadn't bothered installing the drivers for the touch keypad on first setup... Hope youce got your replacement okay!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes