02-27-2019 05:07 AM
1,132 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Hello, I know this is probably a bit late for my introduction since I've been reading this site since June 2013 when I bought my first Windows Phone,the Lumia 620. But anyways, here goes:

My name is Usama Jawad, I live in Lahore, Pakistan. I'll turn 19 in 3 months time IA. I'm currently awaiting my A Level results coming in 2 months and am also frantically applying for universities in Pak.

My first smartphone ever was a Windows Phone, the sturdy Lumia 620 and I am proud to say that I have never been attracted to another OS since then.

Unfortunately, my phone's screen broke last year and my parents tried to convince me to buy an Android phone but I managed to convince them otherwise and bought a Lumia 630 Dual-SIM which is my daily driver nowadays ;)

A bit more about me is that I'm also a news reporter at technology website, Neowin (you MIGHT have heard of it). So yeah, nice to meet you all :)

Nice to meet you, Jawad. Tell me a bit more about Neowin.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-19-2015 04:36 AM
    Nice to meet you, Jawad. Tell me a bit more about Neowin.
    Heh, we've met at your All Pakistani WP Users thread, I believe ;)
    Anyways, Neowin is a Microsoft-centric but unbiased technology news website with around 20 writers from all over the world writing for it. It has been running for more than 15 years already, I believe (I started working there 7 months ago) and we get review units from Microsoft, and various other multinational companies eg Sony, LG, and some other US, Chinese and Japanese companies and we manage to get scoops/leaks regularly, of which the source credits you might have noticed in a few Windows Central articles eg:
    http://m.windowscentral.com/windows-...e-updates-2016

:)
    Fire 29 and RumoredNow like this.
    06-19-2015 04:44 AM
    Heh, we've met at your All Pakistani WP Users thread, I believe ;)
    Anyways, Neowin is a Microsoft-centric but unbiased technology news website with around 20 writers from all over the world writing for it. It has been running for more than 15 years already, I believe (I started working there 7 months ago) and we get review units from Microsoft, and various other multinational companies eg Sony, LG, and some other US, Chinese and Japanese companies and we manage to get scoops/leaks regularly, of which the source credits you might have noticed in a few Windows Central articles eg:
    http://m.windowscentral.com/windows-...e-updates-2016

:)

Yeah I've visited the site once and it was pretty good. I once wrote for the IT magazine "Spider" but the article never got published because of the unfortunate event that the magazine was discontinued by the Dawn Media Group at that time.
    06-19-2015 04:55 AM