Considering getting WP - Questions

OfficialJab

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm all about customizing, so choosing WP over Android is going to be quite the chasm to jump.

1. Can I pin a single photo to the home screen, instead of an album? Adjust its size just like any other tile? It would help for customizing the look of the screen.
2. Apps for changing around the lock screen? The time is really all that I want there, and I'd love to be able to move it from the bottom left.
3. What about removing the time/battery etc. from the top of the screen? Don't want it there.
4. Can I change what little white icon a tile displays? (eg, a music note or something for a pinned playlist?)

And something I can't seem to get a straight answer on: may I use an mp3 file for receiving SMS/email alerts, or just whatever sounds are included on the phone? Looking at the 920, if that matters for any of this.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
1. you can't natively pin a single picture, but there are 3rd party apps and other ways to add photo tiles and customize the look
2. There are apps for the lock screen to do what you want.
3. The time and battery is only at the top when you drag down from the top or in certain circumstances, its not always there.
4. 3rd party apps allow you to make your own shortcut tiles for some items and you could customize things that way, but you can not change the stock icons.

You can not use an .mp3 for a SMS, you can only choose from included sounds for SMS

OfficialJab

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
No to all. Honestly you wouldn't like Windows Phone at all if you're looking for those kinds of customization.
They're largely things that I can get over, but we'll see! Just gotta find my line.

1. you can't natively pin a single picture, but there are 3rd party apps and other ways to add photo tiles and customize the look
2. There are apps for the lock screen to do what you want.
3. The time and battery is only at the top when you drag down from the top or in certain circumstances, its not always there.
4. 3rd party apps allow you to make your own shortcut tiles for some items and you could customize things that way, but you can not change the stock icons.

You can not use an .mp3 for a SMS, you can only choose from included sounds for SMS
Thanks for your help. Have some deciding to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon