moved from Symbian, bought a Lumia 920

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
yes, I've moved from Nokia E72 to Nokia Lumia 920, and oh! what a gap! personally all what I miss at the moment is a physical QWERTY keyboard.

I'm new to this form, I signed today and I find it really great to communicate with people who use Windows Phone and share the same likes.

As a social-media & texting addict, aside from the qwerty, I find that social apps on the platform are pretty lacking; Messaging app for Facebook chat sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't, Facebook V5.0 and before doesn't send push notifications and lacks a lot of features such as sending images in chat (which I find extremely useful), People hub is perfect for Facebook but for Twitter? nah, I cannot favorite a tweet, copy it or quote retweet it.

But overall the Windows Phone platform is pretty much good device but the built-in applications are not what I expected them to be.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
FB chat used to work very well, but for the past month it has had issues, hope they get it fixed soon. Welcome to the club!

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Welcome to WPCentral. Please feel free to browse and post your queries. You can be pretty sure someone already has had these issues and people will help you out.

For Twitter you should use the official twitter app which is reliable with push notifications. I agree facebook is a hit and miss, you cannot attach pictures in FB chat both i Messaging hub and Facebook app.Maybe someone else can post a solution if it is present.

Cheers.

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
FB chat used to work very well, but for the past month it has had issues, hope they get it fixed soon. Welcome to the club!

yeah, I'm not the only who's suffering from this problem apparently. http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/233585-messaging-hub-issue-facebook-chat.html

Hi,

Welcome to WPCentral. Please feel free to browse and post your queries. You can be pretty sure someone already has had these issues and people will help you out.

For Twitter you should use the official twitter app which is reliable with push notifications. I agree facebook is a hit and miss, you cannot attach pictures in FB chat both i Messaging hub and Facebook app.Maybe someone else can post a solution if it is present.

Cheers.

I do use the official Twitter and it's perfect.

thanks to make me feel welcomed guys! thanks!

gouthamdatsme

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to Windows Phone and WPCentral. :D. I am from symbian too. I was using Nokia 5800 and 5230 and things that I miss are easy hacking, sometimes I miss file manager and that's it, nothing else for now. But I am satisfied with Windows phone too. I am sure that WP will soon come up a fix for every minor bugs here and there. The things I like in my Lumia 520 are its UI, fast and especially I like my 520 because its from my favorite company NOKIA :D

qudahamohammad

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Welcome to Windows Phone and WPCentral. :D. I am from symbian too. I was using Nokia 5800 and 5230 and things that I miss are easy hacking, sometimes I miss file manager and that's it, nothing else for now. But I am satisfied with Windows phone too. I am sure that WP will soon come up a fix for every minor bugs here and there. The things I like in my Lumia 520 are its UI, fast and especially I like my 520 because its from my favorite company NOKIA :D

I didn't use the file manager a lot back then but it's really helpful when you want to upload files. Yeah Microsoft is updating which is great!

Hi and welcome to the forums! The Facebook messaging has been hit or miss for me on every mobile device I have had. If you haven't yet try the beta Facebook application. It is more feature rich than the release version.

Facebook Beta | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
the Facebook Beta has became official, I've used the beta and it's similar to the same application, just a different interface.

Oh. Welcome then!

Microsoft is looking forward to improving WP, so...enjoy the ride
Thanks ^_^

yeah but it's kind of... slow?! I don't mind tho.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, great to see you here at WPCentral! The WP keyboard will take some time to get used to but its easily the best screen keyboard I've used.

Pro tip: double tap space quickly to end a sentence and add a space to start the next sentence.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard. I thought I would miss the Qwerty keyboard myself, coming off BB and Palm. I like the virtual kb just fine and the predictive text is pretty handy.

I use the official Twitter app and the FB beta app, which someone said was now out of beta.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I moved from Nokia N8 (Symbian 3) to Lumia 920. While I love so much about the WP and wouldn't consider switching, I do have to say that I miss being able to do almost anything on my phone, even if it wasn't necessarily easy, intuitive or pretty :p Still hoping to see many of the features from Symbian (and Lumias with physical sliding keyboards) to come over to WP one day.

Welcome to the forums!

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am using E6 at present and eagerly waiting for Lumia 925 or Lumia 1020 to be available in India.
After seeing the price of these two models I will decide which one to go for. If I find 925 and 1020 price a bit high for me I will go for 920.

Regards,
Vyenkatesh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes