new here

stancotreau

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
hi everyone. I'm Stan, from Boston. I am currently an Android user who is contemplating getting a Windows phone (Icon)

I'd welcome comments both pro and con from others who have made the switch

thanks

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I just made the switch last week from a S4. Overall in really liking it, I don't think I'll ever go back to Android. I picked up the Nokia Lumia 521, the WP just works and it's very fluid. I really haven't found anything I dislike about it. Although there is no support for 3rd party keyboard apps or keyboard vibration feedback. The YouTube app sucks but one called Toib is in the making at the moment. I like the built in Internet sharing feature which is a WiFi tether thing. Also plays games good, I got Halo: Spartan Assault, Asphault 7 and 5 and Six Guns + Warspear Online on it atm. Asphault 7 and 8 even support my Moga controller. And the Nokia RadioMix app which is like Pandora is AWESOME.

Welcome to WPC!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I wish the icon was available for T-Mobile. Looks like a great device

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
hi everyone. I'm Stan, from Boston. I am currently an Android user who is contemplating getting a Windows phone (Icon)

I'd welcome comments both pro and con from others who have made the switch

thanks
Welcome to the Forums - you'll find good info here!

I just made the switch last week from a S4. Overall in really liking it, I don't think I'll ever go back to Android. I picked up the Nokia Lumia 521, the WP just works and it's very fluid. I really haven't found anything I dislike about it. Although there is no support for 3rd party keyboard apps or keyboard vibration feedback. The YouTube app sucks but one called Toib is in the making at the moment. I like the built in Internet sharing feature which is a WiFi tether thing. Also plays games good, I got Halo: Spartan Assault, Asphault 7 and 5 and Six Guns + Warspear Online on it atm. Asphault 7 and 8 even support my Moga controller. And the Nokia RadioMix app which is like Pandora is AWESOME.

Welcome to WPC!
That sounds like a really good review from someone switching from a high-end Android to a low-end Windows Phone, and still finding a satisfying experience. Thanks!

Myself, I've gone from Windows Mobile devices to WP7, and now to WP8. On the WP8 devices I've had a Lumia 822 and 928. I love my 928. I wish the Icon would come with wife's permission, but that seems to be missing from the list of options. She says that I don't need to have the latest and greatest. She just doesn't understand how wrong she is...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3