Hi all,

I picked up a Lumia 925 yesterday when I switched to T-Mobile from Sprint. I was a long time Android user but, I was thinking of going to an Iphone to mix things up, a Windows wasn't even being considered. After messing with the Iphone in the store, I just didn't like the feel/size. After about an hour of deciding between going back to Android or going with something new, Windows, the Lumia 925 won out. Now, I'm learning the new interface and so far, I like it. I'm giving myself a week before deciding if it is the phone for me or I need to go back to Android.

Thank you,
    Scott
    sd173 likes this.
    05-05-2014 07:11 AM
    Well, hello and welcome!! T-Mobile has been a pretty good WP carrier, and the L925 is a great device. How are you liking it? I think a week is more then fair, and truly hope the tile UI and the smooth operation sells you.

Thanks for joining our forum. We are privledged you are here. Let us know what you think of your new WP, and don't be afraid to drop any questions you have in the sub-forums of the L925.
    ringbear-er likes this.
    05-05-2014 07:51 AM
    Welcome! I hope you find your Windows Phone to be all that we find it to be. Though no single phone, OS, whatever, will ever be THE phone, OS, or whatever that will satisfy everyone, Windows Phone is a great phone, and many of us love it. Thank God for choice!

I hope you find the forums here to be as helpful as I think they are.
    05-05-2014 12:41 PM
    05-05-2014 12:58 PM
    Snap, I was in the same boat, always an android guy for years, tried iOS it's ok, but not for me, I do have an iPad for my gaming fix, but the windows nokia 920 I have is fantastic, been close to trading in for another android, but I just can't seem to, really love the ui, it's addictive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-05-2014 01:18 PM
    Well, hello and welcome!! T-Mobile has been a pretty good WP carrier, and the L925 is a great device. How are you liking it? I think a week is more then fair, and truly hope the tile UI and the smooth operation sells you.

Thanks for joining our forum. We are privledged you are here. Let us know what you think of your new WP, and don't be afraid to drop any questions you have in the sub-forums of the L925.
    I'm digging the WP phone so far. It seems to run faster/smoother then the android phones I've had in the past. Using the same wifi sources, you tube videos just seem to run better.

A couple of times that I miss so far...Tab browsing, maybe I'm missing it but, I don't see a way to add a tab to IE. Notifications, I know they are coming in 8.1 but it was nice to walk away from my desk and be able to glance down and see if I missed a call, email or text.

Scott
    05-05-2014 04:22 PM
    I'm digging the WP phone so far. It seems to run faster/smoother then the android phones I've had in the past. Using the same wifi sources, you tube videos just seem to run better.

A couple of times that I miss so far...Tab browsing, maybe I'm missing it but, I don't see a way to add a tab to IE. Notifications, I know they are coming in 8.1 but it was nice to walk away from my desk and be able to glance down and see if I missed a call, email or text.

Scott

You can still keep a check on incoming mails and missed calls by pinning them to the lock screen... Go to settings> Lock screen> select the app you want to allow to show notification on Lock Screen.
    This will enable you to see the notification at the bottom of the lock screen when you wake up your phone...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    05-05-2014 05:27 PM

Scott
    If you don't want to jump to the 8.1 preview like many have, notification (action) center will have to wait. However IE has tabs in WP8. Just tap the ... button and you should see tabs.
    05-05-2014 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the help. I went ahead and downloaded the 8.1 preview. The action bar is nice, haven't had a chance to use it beyond that.

Scott
    05-06-2014 06:29 AM
    Hey rivmage great to see you here. Keep us updated with your progress and we'll help you where we can.
    05-06-2014 10:08 AM
    Welcome to WPC!
    05-06-2014 03:23 PM
    I think I might go back to Android. 90% of my phone usage is email/text and I don't like the WP 8 interface. The whole layout/look doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Scott
    05-06-2014 03:24 PM
    I think I might go back to Android. 90% of my phone usage is email/text and I don't like the WP 8 interface. The whole layout/look doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Scott

Cannot do anything about the interface, people need time getting used to this. I also came from android so i know, but now I'm completely loving it. But apart from UI any other issues?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    05-06-2014 03:54 PM
    I believe the lack of app support is my biggest worry/concern. There are several I use that aren't available for WP.

1.) YNAB app, there is a 3rd party app but, doesn't work as well as the Android App. This one is important as it helps me and the wife keep our budget in sync.
    2.) My bank app - I like to check on my money several times a day and the app made that easy.
    3.) Square payment system - It's nice to have the ability to accept CCs for sales.
    4.) The Pageonce app for WP is out dated.

There are the most important apps to me and the first I download whenever I get a new phone since there is no WP support for them, I feel I have no choice back to go back to Android.

Scott
    05-07-2014 09:27 AM
    How can I get the 8.1 preview outside of the USA?
    05-09-2014 12:43 PM
    How can I get the 8.1 preview outside of the USA?
    You don't have to be in USA to download the preview
    cherelucas likes this.
    05-09-2014 01:13 PM
    How do you get it?
    05-09-2014 06:13 PM
    05-10-2014 04:04 AM
    Ok thanks, will check it out.
    05-10-2014 06:28 PM
    05-11-2014 07:31 AM
    I downloaded it...am loving it
    05-11-2014 07:31 AM
    too bad to loose a new user because of some apps :-(
    oditius likes this.
    05-12-2014 04:51 AM
    I left WP back to Android after I got the 920, because it was missing the apps I use most. But came back because the apps I used had appeared in the store. But I still tweet the Devs of the apps I am missing weekly. Some days say they are working on it, but I won't lighten up till I see it. #WinPhan #MoreColorful

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk
    05-12-2014 05:40 AM
    Welcome !
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-18-2014 09:46 PM