Greetings from Argentina :)

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Martin and I'm from Argentina, the Southern end of the rainbow :) Should you know more details, just ask. I'm not good at introducing myself.

I bought my first Windows phone ever less than one month ago and I'm loving it. It's that little wonder called Lumia 535. So I'm heare to learn and help whenever I can.

Yes, when I bought the phone I knew almost everyone else was fleeing the town. But at least we can have fun in the abandoned buildings and make friends among those who refuse to leave, right? :D

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the site.

Windows Mobile is super secure and having something different is not a bad thing. It's actually a good time to be on the Windows platform with new Universal Apps coming to the desktop and mobile from a lot of companies recently and we're getting updates and features faster through OS updates.

Glad to hear you're loving your 535! A nice little phone...

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome.

No, being different is not a bad thing. In fact, I love being different :)

I hope Universal Apps bring the boost we badly need. I'm waiting eagerly for the Facebook universal app, since the one from Microsoft is missing some features (namely reactions).

I've notcied the update frequency is higher, In fact, coming from Android, I reeied onely one update on my Android device (from 4.1 to 4.3) and then nothing. Android devices have an update life cycle of 18 months whie I bought a 2-yar-old Lumia phone and still getting updates.

Bought this phone primarily because I fell in love with the front camera :p and the promise of a bigger internal memory (with my Android phone internal memory filled up pretty qickly and I couldn't install 5 MB apps even though I had 200 MB free). Yes, I miss Google apps, especially G+ (go figure) but still I'm happy with my new phone.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Bienvenido. Es dif?cil encontrar apoyo com?n porque Android e iOS han hipnotizado a la gente. Con la integraci?n m?s profunda a la PC, muchos m?s pueden llegar a darse cuenta de los beneficios de Windows en el m?vil.

Alegre te encuentras delante de la multitud pr?xima. Que te diviertas.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, Martin! Glad to have you here in Windows world.

The camera brought you here. But hopefully the beautiful OS and the community will keep you here :)

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Bienvenido. Es dif?cil encontrar apoyo com?n porque Android e iOS han hipnotizado a la gente. Con la integraci?n m?s profunda a la PC, muchos m?s pueden llegar a darse cuenta de los beneficios de Windows en el m?vil.

Alegre te encuentras delante de la multitud pr?xima. Que te diviertas.

Thank you very much! (Side note: I didn't know that other languages were allowed on the forums. I know in other sites only English is allowed to make moderation easier).

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Thank you Indistinguishable and Nuessig.

Yes, the camera and the unmatched price/specs ratio. Plus I was sick and tired of being unable to install apps due to low storage capacity. I'll stay for al teast a couple of years. I'm enjoying both the beautiful intrface and the community. Thanks for the kind words.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much! (Side note: I didn't know that other languages were allowed on the forums. I know in other sites only English is allowed to make moderation easier).

I like excersizing Bing Translate, but as a rule English is preferred here. Sometimes we get Ask a Questions threads in any number of languages. I still try and help those users out if I am able.

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hiya Martin, Sorry I'm late :) by now I've seen your contributions and I can honestly say, we're lucky to have you here :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes