Microsoft Surface ARM with 3:2 screen

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi there everyone, I've tried to search the web and this forum, but I am hoping someone has an answer.

I have long been a Surface user since my first Surface Pro 3 I bought 4 years ago. I've really become to rely on the devices for my workflow, and a month ago picked up a top of the line 13" Surface Book 2. I often use my surface for taking notes, and I would prefer a smaller, cheaper device to bring to certain locations (I work in RE - so think warehouses, factories, development sites).

I've been waiting patiently for a suitable Surface to come out, and I have had high hopes for a Microsoft Surface ARM for a while now. I've looked at the competition, and we've got the same old problem as always - every OEM wants to sell 1080p screens. I absolutely refuse to buy that trash.

I'm at the point where I am going to buy an iPad Pro with LTE. While I would prefer to have a fully functional Windows 10 tablet on which I could use Office, I'm getting the impression Microsoft is a long way off from giving us a business class 3:2 ARM Surface Pro.

Am I missing something? Should I continue waiting, or just give up on this and get an iPad Pro?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I've been waiting patiently for a suitable Surface to come out, and I have had high hopes for a Microsoft Surface ARM for a while now. I've looked at the competition, and we've got the same old problem as always - every OEM wants to sell 1080p screens. I absolutely refuse to buy that trash.
, I take it that with 1080p trash you mean the 16:9 aspect ratio right? Or do you mean that it is not 4k? Cause the latter (not 4k) has the advantage of a better battery than 4k (which is overkill on a tablet anyway).

If you are waiting for a good 3:2 arm device, than I think there is a chance you will be going to wait for some time. In the meantime, why not just use the Surface Pro 3 as your tablet? Do you find it too heavy or does it have too short battery life or such?

Another idea might be going to Atom road (but only the Medion is cheap):
HP pro tablets (e.g. HP Pro Tablet 608 G1, 2048x1536, 4:3 aspect ratio and 7.9 inch, 420 gr)
Zebra tablets (1920x1200, 8.3 inch, 555 gr)
Medion Akoya E1239T (1920x1200, 10.1 inch, 640 gr)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs