The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-29-2017 04:51 AM
610 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Did you inform the developer of the app about this? What if there is a different way on how the the app should work with the new OS? Who should update, the OS or the App?
    02-19-2014 01:54 AM
    Hello. If i turn on Glance (on "peek" mode) will effect very much my battery?

there will certainly be a bit more drain, shouldn't be much. Only the pixels used for glance is lit, on amoled screens.
    02-22-2014 06:38 AM
    Have you checked your settings? Is the option to automatically download text messages on?
    It may also be a problem with your phone company.
    02-24-2014 12:33 AM
    my lumia 1020 is not turning on.
    when i reset the phone from keys it vibrates but nothing comes on screen.
    Does any one having the same prb????/
    02-24-2014 10:16 AM
    Please ignore.
    02-25-2014 06:50 PM
    I seem to be experiencing problems with my Lumia 1020 regarding posting pictures to Facebook. If I select say 20 pictures in my camera roll to 'share' it will select a photo that I haven't selected and will post that one picture 20 times. They transfer onto a laptop easily and I have tried sharing them to my email and that works too. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a number of times and I have also reset my phone but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
    03-11-2014 02:19 PM
    Will u please help me.. Last day my phone freezes and I did a soft reset. After that when i check my photos in camera album,the images are not there. But I can see the images via camera app. The Images are missing from camera album. When its connected to PC,images are still thr. I have done this steps also...

Turn skydrive off temporarily (Photos > Camera Roll > ... > skydrive settings > Don't upload).
    Open Nokia Camera app.
    Tap ...
    Tap settings.
    Tap Find photos and video shot with Nokia Camera.
    Wait until the progress bar disappears.
    Close Nokia Camera app.
    Turn skydrive back to on.

But still i cant see my images in camera album..
    03-18-2014 03:52 AM
    Hi all,
    yesterday I got my Lumia 1020 (wooohooo). I got a problem with my mobile data connection, I downloaded the bing weather app, which is working very well, while I'm using my wi-fi connection. If I turn off the wifi and want to use LTE only, bing weather states, that it has no connection to the internet. Same error occures while using another news app, BUT bing news, hotmail and IE are working fine. Data connection is enabled (of course!). I thought, it was the difference, that these two apps came from app store and where not preinstalled, but bing news was also not preinstalled and is working fine. I couldn't find an option like "use wifi, if available instead of LTE" or something similar.

Some facts about the phone:

Provider: Deutsche Telekom
    Modus: LTE
    Firmware: Lumia Black Update
    OS version: 8.0.105.17.150 (there are no updates for my phone)

Thanks for your help.

Chris

EDIT: I just uninstalled these two apps and reinstalled them, using LTE only. All is fine, now I can use them with LTE and/or Wifi.
    Last edited by cgraesser; 03-21-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    03-20-2014 02:01 PM
    I shoot videos at 1080 30 fps, but there seems to be a problem with the audio. At the start and the end of a clip the audio seems missing for about half a second. It's a very tedious job to trim all the clips to have no audio gaps on my timeline in Premiere Pro. Does anyone have the same problem?
    03-22-2014 05:36 PM
    Hi people!

I just wanted to share a small bug that I found on my 1020.
    When the pictures are Synced to OneDrive - it still says SkyDrive.

Nothing that breaks the phone Sync - just an old text that is forgotten to be renamed.

wp_ss_20140321_0001.png
    03-24-2014 03:49 AM
    ^Not a bug, SkyDrive just hasn't been rebranded yet in the core OS. It will be renamed in 8.1
    03-27-2014 12:31 AM
    According to nokia that is the OIS (Image stabilizer) or rather the bearings within. I've had two 1020s and both made that noise when moved abruptly, it's noisy but normal.
    this is not normal at all.
    03-30-2014 12:44 AM
    Did anyone face a fast battery draining problem, I disable data and WiFi , activate the power saving mode but in the morning I discover 25% battery charge gone!!!!!!
    03-31-2014 06:00 AM
    Could you please direct me to the thread for my problem. I transferred a load of medical textbooks via USB to the lumia, and it was done without any errors. These consist of PDF, CHM and Epub files. Following the IOS model, I then searched for apps to open the said files. Unfortunately, the Office Mobile(Places and Phone) could only reflect a couple of books for upload to Adobe and Microsoft PDF Readers. Only two or three books could be opened using the said programs. Do you think that I should "sync" the books instead rather than the mass transfer? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I need access to my ebooks. I also have an IPhone5 which was less problematic. Thanks
    04-04-2014 03:14 AM
    Do I need Calibre to sync my books to the lumia 1020? When I use the itunes sync for windows, I do not see any entry for "books" to sync. I was able to transfer all my music and videos to the lumia.
    04-04-2014 03:21 AM
    Hey
    Bought this amazing phone last Friday. Had some problems with speaker and camera let out weird squeaky sound when snapping photo. Got new unit today just to discover this phone also lets feint squeaky sound when taking picture.
    Now it is bit faster sound when taking photo with stock camera app, and is bit louder on Nokia camera app.
    Anyone else has this same "effect"? It doesn't matter much but would be nice to have silent camera 😏

Sent from my RM-875_eu_finland_208 using Tapatalk
    04-08-2014 12:52 PM
    I just had an update on my phone, now I can't open any apps I had already downloaded. Anyone have any ideas?

update: also noticed text message app is not updating. I'll receive toast notifications but texts will not update in the thread.

when I try to open an application like WPCentral, it'll just bring the start screen up again.

FIX: factory reset phone...
    Last edited by JBWonton; 04-13-2014 at 01:20 AM.
    04-12-2014 10:51 PM
    My phone arrived today, i took like 5 good fotos then the phone just clicked and only blurs, looks like the focus is broken. Took a sampling video to show you guys at arround 3 secs it makes the "click" noise.

Going to nokia care tomorow. But i think i'll have to return it if it' s not software related.
    04-14-2014 09:27 AM
    Can anyone help, my proximity sensor does absolutely nothing on my 1020? It's a pain in the *** when on a call and the screen doesn't go off. My 1st call yesterday after updating to wp8.1 I managed to pull down the Action Centre and activate Airplane Mode with my ear lol and killed the call. I know about people having issues with dirt/grease on the glass affecting the proximity sensor making it ON all the time but this is the opposite, it just does nothing at all. Tried soft/hard resets, all to no avail
    04-15-2014 11:17 AM
    Hey
    Bought this amazing phone last Friday. Had some problems with speaker and camera let out weird squeaky sound when snapping photo. Got new unit today just to discover this phone also lets feint squeaky sound when taking picture.
    Now it is bit faster sound when taking photo with stock camera app, and is bit louder on Nokia camera app.
    Anyone else has this same "effect"? It doesn't matter much but would be nice to have silent camera

Sent from my RM-875_eu_finland_208 using Tapatalk
    Is this the shutter sound? This is normal and a very low sound. 1020 has a mechanical shutter.
    04-17-2014 03:16 AM
    this is not normal at all.
    my phone is doing the same it is ridicules is there any fix?
    04-17-2014 10:09 AM
    Duplicated Fake? Images in camera roll?

Hi All After A cold frosty early morning 4 hour hike with my lumia 1020 (running lumia black software) i returned home and upon viewing my images it appears ive taken many duplicate images usually just one clone but some have 5clones ,i was using the camera grip and id allow for one accidentally fired shot but 5!

I thought ok ill just delete the clones leaving just one ,after doing this to several i found i could nolonger open the remaining image via nokia camera and access the large hi res jpg :-( ,upon connect to pc ive copied all i took whilst out and to my surprise the extra images dont exist or perhaps dont show in windows set to show hidden files.
    All the clones will open in nokia camera app aslong as i dont reduce to just the one

The phone suffered a reboot whilst i was out the first-time its done it by itself since i got it in February, i had a GPS tracking app runing during my time out. The weather was very cold frost -2c could the cold have caused this nuisance error as its quite perfect upon testing at home it only produces the normal one image with option to open in nokia camera as it should Soft reset the device achieves nothing nor does request nokia camera to find images shot with nokia camera. My images are set to not automatically upload to sykdrive so i dont think thats the purpose they were created as its a one off event for me.clones.jpg
    Last edited by jay6600; 04-19-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    04-19-2014 12:16 PM
    I'm having an issue with my Lumia 1020 aswell.

Whenever i want to record my voice (with any app) it just makes noise.

I noticed more users have issues with this, maybe someone knows a fix for this?
    04-23-2014 06:54 AM
    I have 3 (or even 4) problems with my Lumia 1020.
    Purchased it as slightly used (no signs of wear or damage) and after few days...
    - switching to front camera in any app causes camera altogether to crash and neither back or front cam doesn't work until restart
    - autobrightness doesn't work - switching to auto does nothing, it always reverts to medium (or whatever I set)
    - Glance doesn't work - after turning the phone on, it can be selected in settings but after the phone goes standby, it blinks for a second then turns off. After that, it can no longer be enabled or selected in settings (it's there but everything is "disabled")

These 3 problems persist throughout any ROM (tested with 8.1 and two 8.0's).

Another problem is that Nokia Camera produces blurry .DNG images (JPG are somewhat better) with slight chromatic aberration. DNG pictures are always out of focus and lack detail in comparison to JPG ones. Could be that one of the lenses went out of alignment.

Sending it to repair under warranty next week.
    04-25-2014 03:04 AM
    I'm having an issue with my Lumia 1020 aswell.

Whenever i want to record my voice (with any app) it just makes noise.

I noticed more users have issues with this, maybe someone knows a fix for this?
    Upgraded to Windows Phone 8.1, without result :-(
    Got another issue with it, my phone freezes (even glimp won't work anymore) and i have to hard reset it to get it working again.
    04-30-2014 05:02 PM
610 ... 1213141516 ...