Accessory Wishlist Item (Waterproof case)

lstrike

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Uhmm, dear someone, anyone...yes the grip is cool and all and the wireless charging thing could be nice BUT give me a waterproof case for this phone! PLEEEAAASSEEEEEEE!!! Maybe if we make enough noise (unless I am alone on this) someone will build something?

snguyen10

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I would like one if they could keep it fairly slim like the Lifeproof cases. I don't see that happening though...there aren't even any good ones for popular phones like the HTC One. I have seen the ones that are basically rugged ziplock bags with the ability to use your phone through the plastic material, I don't think i'd want to carry my phone around like that though, haha.

lstrike

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I wish Nokia had spend more time working on a LifeProof like case than the wireless charger clip on piece. As much as I like wireless charging on the 920 to me if it ain't built in I would rather them focus on add on components that enhance my ability to use the camera in as many cool ways as possible. I want to take underwater with this thing like I did with the Sony Xperia Z (ugh crap camera on that thing...well over processed anyways).

snguyen10

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I personally don't like the wireless charging accessory either. If i'm going to use something that adds bulk it needs to add protection too, maybe a third party case will have both. I didn't think about it that way though. A waterproof case would indeed give me new ways to use the awesome camera, you just made me really want one! The chances of a third party water proof cases seem slim though...

Garkut

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i totally agree, it would be amazing to be able to take the Lumia 1020 underwater, we would get the best photos. Please make a waterproof case for it, it would be the incredible!

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it would be cool to have an underwater case, but would I buy it? Probably not. The bottom line is just to use my phone once a year (or less) for underwater photos when I am on holiday someplace is just not worth.
Its all a question of demand. First take into account that not a lot of people own a Lumia 1020, now from those few people that do have the phone, generously take 5% who would buy the waterproof case, and you are down to pretty low number of people who would buy such a case and thus it probably does not make commercial sense to even invest in R&D for such a case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes