02-22-2014 09:00 PM
186 ... 5678
tools
    ok, after trouble getting it to work in sweden I downloaded the the accesspoint app
    access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

installed it, created a new profile and boom it worked, it did not work to enter manually for me. so the accesspoint software probably does something more.

Good luck
    08-19-2013 06:19 AM
    ok, after trouble getting it to work in sweden I downloaded the the accesspoint app
    access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

installed it, created a new profile and boom it worked, it did not work to enter manually for me. so the accesspoint software probably does something more.

Good luck
    Hejsan Christian!

For me to confirm, you are using internet sharing on your 1020 in Sweden? And you achieved this using the access point app?

tack sa mycket!
    08-19-2013 08:05 AM
    I'd really like to grab on for my Dad on T-Mobile but it sounds like there are issues and hiccups. The model variants section of the 1020 Wiki:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shame it's not "one ring to rule them all".
    08-19-2013 08:23 AM
    I suppose if I am reading the specs for the L1020 correctly, there are no versions that have the 1700 band for T-Mobile USA? In my area, T-Mobile half-assed the refarm and there are plenty of areas where I get 2G only.
    08-19-2013 01:52 PM
    I'd really like to grab on for my Dad on T-Mobile but it sounds like there are issues and hiccups. The model variants section of the 1020 Wiki:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shame it's not "one ring to rule them all".
    I'm using a yellow ATT Lumia 1020 on Tmobile right now, and let me tell you everything works great! I bought the phone from the microsoft store, called ATT and told them I paid full price and was not an ATT customer. He checked to make sure the phone was not on contract and gave me the website to unlock the phone. I told him I would be leaving the country soon and asked if it was possible to get the code over the phone so I wouldn't have to wait. He checked with someone and had the code ready for me, which worked like a charm.

The phone obviously doesn't support the 1700 band, but everything else works quite nicely. As soon as the phone was unlocked, I put in my Tmobile sim card and added the data and mms apns and everything worked great. I am in a refarmed area so I do get to utilize 4G and LTE; you may need to check to see if that is an issue for you.

So far, the only hiccup I would say that I have encountered is very minor. Internet sharing does not work if you are on LTE. It works very well on 4G, just not on LTE. The forums here someone posted a video and directions on how to very easily disable LTE while you tether, and then restart the phone to get LTE back. I would say the phone is amazing and works very well for me. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    08-19-2013 05:27 PM
    if i have contract with AT&T, but i need to be unlocked, what i need to do?
    09-01-2013 11:53 PM
    Hi! well, today i call to AT&T and chat with them and my Nokia Lumia 1020 isnt in contract, and they told me that they can unlock my phone, but my phone its really new (manufactured) and they give me a Case Number and they say that in September 17 i will receive an email with the unlock code,.

Someone have this problem like me?
    09-09-2013 04:55 PM
    I had to call in several times before I got connected to a rep that would unlock it. I told the guy I paid full price for the phone and wanted to get it unlocked. He asked for the IMEI number and a few minutes later said the phone was clear and gave me the code.

I bought a code off the bay too because I needed the phone to work soon and the code matched up with the one the rep gave so it's a safe alternative as well. I paid ~$3 and it arrived ~18 hours later via e-mail. My IMEI number for some reason didn't save to the message at checkout and it could have caused a delay.

Good luck
    09-09-2013 08:48 PM
    Hi, AT&T send me the unlock code for my Nokia Lumia 1020!!!! its awesome!!!!! thanks for all of u because when i was reading all the post i wanted to call AT&T and worked perfect!! THANKS!
    09-11-2013 02:22 PM
    Hi All, Thanks for all your help.
    Just got new Lumia 1020 from MS Store with Free camera grip and got it unlocked within 5 minutes from AT&T international support.
    Works fine with my T-Mobile and even gives LTE in my area.
    09-12-2013 07:37 AM
    Message me the IMEI.
    Hey, I have the same problem, I've spend days on the phone with different ATT agents - they all seem to be complete idiots, I'm in NZ and can't use the website. Will you help me too?
    10-11-2013 01:22 AM
    you must have really sweet voice :D
    I'm going to try THAT! I've tried everything else with them! Did they ask for a receipt number or customer number or anything?
    10-11-2013 01:24 AM
    I spent an hour on the phone to the US to AT&T and they
    Said you guys are all lying and that it can't be unlocked for 90 days!!!

I'm so annoyed. I have a phone I can't use.

I just want this fixed!
    Got the same problem, bought from the US and I'm in NZ but not a customer so they won't unlock - did you get yours sorted? I've tried all the best unlocker sites too.
    10-11-2013 01:26 AM
    Great news guys!!!

Unlockitnow.com have unlock for the 1020.

I have successfully unlocked my AT&T model here
    In the UK.

It was $25 I believe. Awesome.
    Did you try any other unlocker sites? I've tried a few and no luck
    10-11-2013 01:30 AM
    Got the same problem, bought from the US and I'm in NZ but not a customer so they won't unlock - did you get yours sorted? I've tried all the best unlocker sites too.
    hey heb, try giving att another call, different agents will produce different results, im from south east asia, i gave them a ring and the first agent unlocked my l1020 in a heartbeat, i got mine off amazon off contract so i paid the full price,

$25 for an unlock is just crazy for me, go ebay, and search for an unlock code if you're really desperate, my friend got his L1020 from ebay for around $3.

But i seriously recc just giving att another go , if all fails go ebay grab the $3 bucks unlock code, both works
    10-11-2013 01:54 AM
    Thanks - who are the guys on ebay you used? I've tried cellunlocker.net and a few others and none have been able to give me a code.
    10-11-2013 05:27 AM
    OK, so I called the ATT freephone (1-800) number using Skype - great that those are free!
    I gave the first operator the story about buying direct from the MS store off contract at full price and straight away she was trying to get me an unlock code it was awesome!
    Unfortunately her system told her unlock code not found, so she put me through to tech support - same deal. Now the tech support guy's raised a case to get the code and I have a direct 1800 number to call them back for an update on my case. The tech guy assured me they would get me a code it's just going to take a few days..

Can't understand why they couldn't get a code though.
    10-12-2013 05:27 AM
    Hi, I am in same boat. Was in LA 3 weeks ago and brought 1020 for full price, was locked to At&t, came back to NZ. Phone didn't work for vodafone or 2degree. Asking for code. Phone is in drawer for last 2-3 weeks. Didn't know, whst to do and found this thread.
    Did you tell them that you are in NZ and not a AT&T member?
    Did they gave you code yet?
    10-14-2013 07:52 AM
    OK, so I called the ATT freephone (1-800) number using Skype - great that those are free!
    I gave the first operator the story about buying direct from the MS store off contract at full price and straight away she was trying to get me an unlock code it was awesome!
    Unfortunately her system told her unlock code not found, so she put me through to tech support - same deal. Now the tech support guy's raised a case to get the code and I have a direct 1800 number to call them back for an update on my case. The tech guy assured me they would get me a code it's just going to take a few days..

Can't understand why they couldn't get a code though.

This is an ongoing problem. I had the same issue(s). I escalated mine quite high up. I had the code within 3 business days. Seems there is a batch of IMEI that there system cannot generate unlock codes for. Didn't really listen to the reason they gave me, as I don't care, just unlock it. As far as having to be a customer, thats crap too. However, its easy to "become" a customer. The phone comes with a SIM card. You can activate it online, on prepaid service without putting any dollar value on it. Voila, your a "customer". Just know that when you phone in and say your a customer now, the rep will give you some crap about having to be one for 6 months. So I would just suggest escalating it.

Good luck!
    10-15-2013 05:19 PM
    Just wanted to say that I received my AT&T unlocked Lumia 1020 today. Inserted my sim and after entering the APNs, shutting down and restarting - I was joining T-Mobile with an LTE connection. YAY .. I guess it is true. The AT&T phones have both antennas or whatever hardware needed for an LTE connection. I was thinking I would only get 4G if I was lucky.
    10-15-2013 05:57 PM
    This is an ongoing problem. I had the same issue(s). I escalated mine quite high up. I had the code within 3 business days. Seems there is a batch of IMEI that there system cannot generate unlock codes for. Didn't really listen to the reason they gave me, as I don't care, just unlock it. As far as having to be a customer, thats crap too. However, its easy to "become" a customer. The phone comes with a SIM card. You can activate it online, on prepaid service without putting any dollar value on it. Voila, your a "customer". Just know that when you phone in and say your a customer now, the rep will give you some crap about having to be one for 6 months. So I would just suggest escalating it.

Good luck!
    First time try with my number(activate on 7-Oct, haven't put any money on it), they got me through with an unlock request, when i check back a few days later, they require me a proof of purchase which i don't have. Today, tried again, the agent that i was speaking with can't get me the unlock code so i demand to speak with the Supervisor. The Sup insisted that i have to use the phone on AT&T network for another 6 months and refill my account. Whatever i said, he wouldn't listen, just keep repeating the "...6months.." . Terrible supervisor!!.
    Can you help me with my case ?
    10-16-2013 09:37 PM
    I'll PM you with some info....
    10-17-2013 11:52 AM
    I'll PM you with some info....
    Thank you, can you pm me your email ?, i tried to reply the pm message but it's not working, sent folder always show 0 message.
    10-17-2013 10:12 PM
    My phone came unlocked (thankfully.) It is for sure AT&T .. don't know how he managed that. Looks like many people are having problems.
    10-18-2013 11:14 AM
    Hey I live in Canada and can't unlock my phone and can't call at&t because they are not available in my region. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
    10-29-2013 08:45 PM
186 ... 5678