The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-14-2013 02:18 PM
363 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Just got a text from UKMail saying mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    Mine's still being delivered last Tuesday.
    09-23-2013 09:34 AM
    Just got a text from UKMail saying mine is due to be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    So i guess I should expect my text soon?

I got another "delayed" text this morning, saying that they "might not be able to deliver on Fri" (Friday 20th was the day i rescheduled mine to).

I guess i should now expect to get a text soon? My consignment number is still showing as "01 - Not received" (since Friday 08:00) under Delivery Details, with delivery expected the 20th....
    09-23-2013 11:48 AM
    My UKMail status ' This Consignment is not available for redelivery.'

I'm hoping this status changes and It automatically gets delivery on the 25th. Finges crossed.
    09-23-2013 01:18 PM
    I called UK Mail & O2 at about 6pm today, in summary

UK Mail:
    • Package not received, last scanned on 17th (or 18th, cant remember) in Liverpool
    • Said to contact O2 about delivery

O2
    • O2 said order was dispatched 16/09/2013 (ie same date as email & texts), delivery expected tomorrow.
    • After explaining this is NOT what UK Mail said, they went away and then confirmed the confusion (as i mention in this thread on Friday), saying O2 was holding it at their depot til 25th, at which point UK Mail will pick the handsets up and delivery same day (which i find hard to believe. Since when does an item get dispatched from supplier/provider and get delivered the same day)?
    • I asked a few times if they can guarantee it'll come on 25th, told yes

Now checking UK Mail, it says delivery tomorrow, between 1:30 & 5:30, yet my day off is 25th as I was told numerous times it'll be delivered then

The status of my order on MyO2 has changed from "In Progress" (at about 5pm) to "Complete" (now)

This order with O2 has been a damn mess!!

I'm usually very happy with O2's customer service, but I'm really considering submitting an official complaint regarding the lack of Customer Service in the last week. I've called/chatted so many times just to get a simple clarification but could never get anything out of them. I only knew that handsets would not arrive last week after a DM from UK Mail. At least if i submit a complaint it'll be properly looked at.
    Last edited by Salem874; 09-23-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    09-23-2013 03:31 PM
    Gonna have a chat with O2 tomorrow about a deal for the 64GB 1020. I don't mind paying the extra cost compared to the 32GB but the added cost of an unwanted airtime contract is likely to tip the balance. Anyway, I'll see what they have to say tomorrow.

Very disappointed with Phones 4 U though. Despite my finely honed charm, they were unwilling to budge on including the accessory kit with the sim free 1020. In this day and age, I thought they would do a little more to get my custom?? Granted sim free phones don't make much money for them but there's always room for a compromise.
    09-23-2013 03:45 PM
    UK Mail website still says that I'll get my phone last week, and I still can't see the status of my order on O2's website as I get an overly friendly "oops" message. This is despite telling them about it last nine days ago (and several times since) and they still haven't sorted it. I'm beginning to wonder whether the extra 32gb is actually worth it!
    09-24-2013 03:33 AM
    Mine is apparently out for delivery - due sometime between 11.30 and 15.30, will let you know if it turns up!
    09-24-2013 03:37 AM
    for anyone arguing that phone companies should be bending over backwards to keep your custom youre a bit out of date with how mobile carriers work now.

You can thank Apple for changing that landscape, it used to be the case that your could argue for anything because they would always recoup costs via data/text/minutes but since the iPhone came out and unlimited data packages are now a standard they need to make the money back on the handset. Apple do not let anyone subsidize their handset. They want full retail cost per device and because they can, other companies are now doing the same. This is why the introduction of 24 month contracts started.

Sad times.
    09-24-2013 03:48 AM
    Phone just arrived - but no accessory pack! Nothing about having to redeem it included with the phone either...
    09-24-2013 05:38 AM
    for anyone arguing that phone companies should be bending over backwards to keep your custom youre a bit out of date with how mobile carriers work now.

You can thank Apple for changing that landscape, it used to be the case that your could argue for anything because they would always recoup costs via data/text/minutes but since the iPhone came out and unlimited data packages are now a standard they need to make the money back on the handset. Apple do not let anyone subsidize their handset. They want full retail cost per device and because they can, other companies are now doing the same. This is why the introduction of 24 month contracts started.

Sad times.
    Haggling still works but ymmv. I've successfully haggled free stuff from my phone carrier in the past..also from Nokia too. Sometimes the answer is no but it's still worth a try.
    09-24-2013 05:45 AM
    Before yours was "out for delivery" did they say delivery would be today?

Mine says delivery between 13:30 & 17:30 today, but after calling O2 and contacting them twice yesterday, they said delivery would be 25th. Called UK Mail this morning, and they too said delivery would NOT be today... As such, i came in to work and will be off tomorrow as originally planned.

About the lack of accessories...this is disappointing. I had the same issue with my Lumia 820. Was advertised as including a wireless charging cover and plate, both of which didn't materialise. Although I did noticed that my 820 confirmation order didn't specify this. When i queried this with O2 i was told it was "in the box".

When my 820 arrived, without said extras, i contacted O2 who credited me 60 (they listed the value of the extras as 60 online) so i could buy it separately, problem is, at the time th retail value was more like 80, so never got it in the end.

I'd specifically asked about the Lumia 1020 extras, telling them about my previous experience, and was assured it WOULD be included with the phone. I didnt worry about it as much as my order confirmation clearly mentions the 150 worth of accessories.
    09-24-2013 05:47 AM
    Right...I'm going to order today.

I'm gonna go for the yellow 1020 with the accessory pack. Besides Clove and Expansys, are there any other trusted, reputable online retailers that are selling the 1020 with the accessories at a price that can match or beat those stores please?

Any help will be rewarded with a thanks and a like and virtual pint :)
    09-24-2013 05:48 AM
    Haggling still works but ymmv. I've successfully haggled free stuff from my phone carrier in the past..also from Nokia too. Sometimes the answer is no but it's still worth a try.
    Sorry, i wasn't suggesting that there is no room for movement but it's very marginal compared to what it has been in the past.
    Phone just arrived - but no accessory pack! Nothing about having to redeem it included with the phone either...
    Miracles do happen! Although I must confess that I am extremely jealous that you've got your paws on yours and mine is still stuck in the past in some time vortex (last Tuesday, apparently).
    Mine is still stuck at delayed and showing delivery last week. If there are no accessories I might very well explode.
    09-24-2013 05:53 AM
    I'm starting to get worried about mine now. I got a confirmation email when I placed my order to say it was on it's way. There is no sign of the parcel number on UK Mail's website.

I spoke to O2 live chat and was told the phone was Out of Stock and they would try to rush my order through. The guy obviously had no idea about it being a pre-order until I explained it to him. He said it'll be delivered tomorrow but I don't trust him. I'll have to give them a ring to find out more I think.
    09-24-2013 05:54 AM
    Before yours was "out for delivery" did they say delivery would be today?

Mine says delivery between 13:30 & 17:30 today, but after calling O2 and contacting them twice yesterday, they said delivery would be 25th. Called UK Mail this morning, and they too said delivery would NOT be today... As such, i came in to work and will be off tomorrow as originally planned.

About the lack of accessories...this is disappointing. I had the same issue with my Lumia 820. Was advertised as including a wireless charging cover and plate, both of which didn't materialise. Although I did noticed that my 820 confirmation order didn't specify this. When i queried this with O2 i was told it was "in the box".

When my 820 arrived, without said extras, i contacted O2 who credited me 60 (they listed the value of the extras as 60 online) so i could buy it separately, problem is, at the time th retail value was more like 80, so never got it in the end.

I'd specifically asked about the Lumia 1020 extras, telling them about my previous experience, and was assured it WOULD be included with the phone. I didnt worry about it as much as my order confirmation clearly mentions the 150 worth of accessories.
    I got a text yesterday saying it would be delivered today between 11.30 and 15.30 (so they were right about that) - then checked the UK Mail parcel tracking page today and it said it was out for delivery from about half 6 this morning.

On the accessories - just called O2 and they're saying these will be sent out separately and I'll get another text the day before they're due for delivery. Pretty annoying as it means another day I need to be at home! Still, just thankful the phone arrived.
    09-24-2013 05:58 AM
    I got a text yesterday saying it would be delivered today between 11.30 and 15.30 (so they were right about that) - then checked the UK Mail parcel tracking page today and it said it was out for delivery from about half 6 this morning.
    Ah right...I see. I got no text from UK Mail, but yet the tracking online is showing as delivery between 13:30 & 17:30 today, so hopefully i get a text later saying delivery tomorrow.

I'm trying to get onto O2 Chat to find out/get an update, but website is saying they're all busy

On the accessories - just called O2 and they're saying these will be sent out separately and I'll get another text the day before they're due for delivery. Pretty annoying as it means another day I need to be at home! Still, just thankful the phone arrived.
    Have O2 by any chance given a timeframe for the accessories? Just wondering how long we should wait. Or we could end up waiting for weeks/months for said text, and it (& Accessories) never arriving
    09-24-2013 06:18 AM
    I've just called O2. The advisor I spoke to didn't seem to know what was happening and just repeated what the tracking info on UK Mail said. After a bit of toing and froing it was basically left as "we'll see what happens."
    09-24-2013 06:21 AM
    Right...I'm going to order today.

I'm gonna go for the yellow 1020 with the accessory pack. Besides Clove and Expansys, are there any other trusted, reputable online retailers that are selling the 1020 with the accessories at a price that can match or beat those stores please?

Any help will be rewarded with a thanks and a like and virtual pint :)
    Bump...anyone?? :)
    09-24-2013 06:40 AM
    Bump...anyone?? :)
    I guess most of us are taking it with a contract so haven't been shopping for an off contract price.
    09-24-2013 06:59 AM
    Right...on chat to O2 now and opened up asking them not to just rattle off what's on the UK Mail site, but to actually check....

Looks like it worked...they say my handset left their fullfillment centre yesterday (which makes sense, given O2 said if you pre-ordered by yesterday, you'd get it on 25th).

I've also just been told the accessories bundle would be included with the handset delivery
    09-24-2013 07:02 AM
    I guess most of us are taking it with a contract so haven't been shopping for an off contract price.
    Thanks.

Don't seem to be able to put anything in my basket in Clove. Have tried 2 browsers and multiple products but no luck.

This is kinda narrowing things down to Expansys....
    09-24-2013 07:04 AM
    Have O2 by any chance given a timeframe for the accessories? Just wondering how long we should wait. Or we could end up waiting for weeks/months for said text, and it (& Accessories) never arriving
    He couldn't give me a time frame, but if I don't get a dispatch email/txt tomorrow I'll be calling them again, not risking losing out on 150 worth of kit!
    09-24-2013 07:05 AM
    Done.

Just have to wait now :)
    phander likes this.
    09-24-2013 07:30 AM
363 ... 56789 ...