Lumia 1020 - UK Release - 12TH September

yeoldgreat1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 13th too and received an email from O[SUB]2[/SUB] saying it had been dispatched. Just called UK mail to see if they knew where it was but they don't even recognise the Parcel Number. It does seem like O[SUB]2[/SUB] screwed up and dispatched early and delayed what they could.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
UK Mail have finally admitted that O2 dispatched it early. Theyve confirmed this to me via DM on Twitter. I will post evidence in a min when i have a chance.

Basically, theyve only received an email from the O2 account manager confirming that it had been dispatched prematurely and would be held for delivery on Wednesday 25th.

Well that works out in my favour then - Im still taking the day off as its booked now. If nothing turns up O2 have cost me ?300 for a days work so that covers the cost of switching from my 8X on O2 refresh.

Ive not received any info that its not being delivered tomorrow.

CarteBlanche

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Once again just off the phone with UKMail (as my delivery date is still 18/09/13) who have now said they *don't* have it, and haven't received it from o2 yet, despite the tracking page saying collected...

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
From UK Mail on Twitter via direct message.

"We do not have the parcel, but because we have recieved the electronic data it looks like we do...."
"O2 have confirmed they still have all Nokia Lumia 1020. I will confirm with you once they have advised the correct date."

There won't be any 1020 deliveries until 25th September. May as well go to work guys.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I will post evidence in a min when i have a chance.

Here's the evidence as promised...

This still leaves us with the issue where O2 have started billing us already, despite not having a phone

Attachments

• Screenshot 13-09-19 12_51_03.png
    Screenshot 13-09-19 12_51_03.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot 13-09-19 12_51_14.png
    Screenshot 13-09-19 12_51_14.png
    9 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot 13-09-19 12_51_25.png
    Screenshot 13-09-19 12_51_25.png
    4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

almondslice

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Ties in with what I was told yesterday - "..Essentially he told me I wouldn't get the phone till the 25th, the couriers have the paper invoices for the shipments but not the physical handsets so they can't process them from the main depot..."

Well, just back to square one - waiting for the 25th. At least no more texts from UKMail, that would be a pain.

ibat400

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I've just finished reading through this thread. I wish I'd searched for it earlier as it would have saved a couple of hours on the phone to UK Mail and O2.

What I was eventually told by an O2 representative this evening was that they had passed the consignment details with the SIM cards to UK Mail, who would then combine them with the Lumia 1020 packs when they arrive from Nokia on the 24th/25th (she was ambiguous about the date). She agreed that it was unfortunate that O2 had emailed to say the devices had been despatched and that UK Mail had also followed this up with a text. She also confirmed that an airtime credit would be applied to our accounts once the phones arrive and the SIM cards are active.

Anyway, according to her the phone should be with me on the 25th September or just after, which is what they originally said! I wish there hadn't been all this confusion - it's been a tale of excitement followed by disappointment all week, plus my wife stayed in on two days in case the phone arrived!

Anyway - thanks to all those who posted - it's reassuring when you find out you're not the only one!

bat400

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't suppose if anyone knows whether Phones4U are including the accessory bundle with their price of ?549 for an unlocked 1020 please?

The press release kind of implies that all Phones4U pre-orders will get the accessory pack, but only 4G orders will get the wireless speaker. You'd need to confirm with them though - do they have online chat like O2? If they do and an advisor confirms you will get the accessory pack then at least you have a written record of the conversation in case it doesn't arrive.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The press release kind of implies that all Phones4U pre-orders will get the accessory pack, but only 4G orders will get the wireless speaker. You'd need to confirm with them though - do they have online chat like O2? If they do and an advisor confirms you will get the accessory pack then at least you have a written record of the conversation in case it doesn't arrive.

Don't think they have a live support option on their website but they have a shop fairly local to me so I'll pop in there tomorrow to find out for sure. I don't think the wireless speaker will apply to me as I'll be purchasing a sim free model which won't include a plan...

However, if I purchase from Phones4U, I will try my best to get one thrown in as part of the deal! :)

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that it appears the free accessories are all black, even if you order a yellow or white phone. Don't think they will look very good when you put them on :(

clove.co.uk says - Accessories will be black in colour.

o2.co.uk says
"..with a black wireless charging cover and matching wireless charging plate". Also the pictures show black accessories, even if you select the yellow phone.

Salem874

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that it appears the free accessories are all black, even if you order a yellow or white phone. Don't think they will look very good when you put them on :(

o2.co.uk says
"..with a black wireless charging cover and matching wireless charging plate". Also the pictures show black accessories, even if you select the yellow phone.

That kinds sucks. If i'd not been so excited about pre-orders going up, and had taken note I'd have chosen a Black 1020 just for colour-matching

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

well I didn't know that. and it kinda makes a once attractive offer very unattractive now. I ordered mine from clove. black accs with a yellow phone? el crapo!

Sent from my Nexus 4

MrZippo

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
well I didn't know that. and it kinda makes a once attractive offer very unattractive now. I ordered mine from clove. black accs with a yellow phone? el crapo!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Hmmmm.... I pre-ordered a white one from p4u and in the small print it states that the white phone will ship with the yellow accs pack. I rang up to request a black accs pack and they said they can put a note on my pre-order but cannot guarantee 100%. If this is the case do you want to swap your black accs kit for my yellow accs kit as I think the black will match the white better than the yellow.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have an idea on how well the 1020 is pre-selling in the UK please?

Is it faring better or worse than expected?

One thing is for certain. With the monumental mess that O2 have made of the launch so far if any of the units they send out have defects after all this messing about there will be a riot.

I got a text today from UKmail telling me that they probably wouldn't be able to deliver my phone on the 20/9/13.

Shambolic.

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have an idea on how well the 1020 is pre-selling in the UK please?
Is it faring better or worse than expected?

Nobody will know that apart from a select few. I've got to say, they've (possibly) lost one sale from me after the announcement of the 1520. I was poised to take the 1020 on O2's offer but the announcement of the 1520 has made me hesitate. I know they're different beasts (and the 'bigger, better, just round the corner' is a fool's game) but for someone upgrading from the 920, the 1520 represents something quite exciting...

I'm out and about less than most so the bulk/size of either phone doesn't worry me. But real estate on the screen of the 1520 would satisfy that niggling hunger I've had for a Note-sized phone, plus (almost) the camera benefit of the 1020.

Got one more day to wrestle with my wishes. No doubt I'll pull the trigger on the 1020 after a few drinks late tomorrow. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel