03-19-2014 02:55 PM
91 1234
tools
    Is the battery life better with post Black? Read that it is worse than Amber in some other threads. Hope to get more feedback.
    12-22-2013 06:24 AM
    My 1020 is not interested in connecting with my home wifi anymore, the password is correct, it used to connect before with the same hiccups, its pretty frustrating now.
    12-22-2013 09:59 AM
    No problems with Wifi and battery whatsoever.
    I will test the battery tonight and let you guys know. With Amber, I had 0% battery drain overnight with weather, Whatsapp and Viber ON.
    12-22-2013 10:45 AM
    GD3 is a software update for WP. Black is a firmware update from Nokia. Firmware contains software packages that regulate and control our hardware such as screen sensitivity, camera, jpeg processing etc.
    So what regulates the battery and is that hardware ? last update for GDR3 changed battery management. Not being argumentative just wondering
    12-22-2013 04:48 PM
    Is the battery life better with post Black? Read that it is worse than Amber in some other threads. Hope to get more feedback.
    Mine is a little worse for wear now. Still gets me through the day, but I have to charge every night now, like all of the iPhone and Android peasants of the world....
    12-24-2013 04:44 PM
    So, I had 1% battery drain overnight compared to 0% with Amber. Not a big difference.

I have a question: Does anyone know of a good Bluetooth 4.0 le earphones or audio receiver?
    12-24-2013 05:47 PM
    How do you enable the DNG? I only see JPEG 5MP + 38 MP, no sight of DNG.
    12-24-2013 06:36 PM
    How do you enable the DNG? I only see JPEG 5MP + 38 MP, no sight of DNG.
    Given that you have a compatible AT&T device and the new Nokia Black Firmware installed, open up the Nokia Camera and navigate towards the photo settings. There should be an option for 5MP only, 5MP + 38MP and 5MP + DNG.

12-24-2013 07:24 PM
    Given that you have a compatible AT&T device and the new Nokia Black Firmware installed, open up the Nokia Camera and navigate towards the photo settings. There should be an option for 5MP only, 5MP + 38MP and 5MP + DNG.

http://3.static.img-dpreview.com/fil...632.jpg?v=2665
    You thought when the phone restore it would download the latest version, apparently not.
    12-24-2013 11:08 PM
    You thought when the phone restore it would download the latest version, apparently not.
    I have been reading your posts and there is something fishy about all of them.

Firstly, how can you claim to have bad battery life for Black update when you can't even see DNG option in your phone?

Secondly, if you restore the phone to factory settings, the firmware remains the same. Lumia black update can not be erased with a hard reset/restore.

Do you really have Lumia Black installed?
    JaimitoFrog likes this.
    12-24-2013 11:45 PM

Firstly, how can you claim to have bad battery life for Black update when you can't even see DNG option in your phone?

Secondly, if you restore the phone to factory settings, the firmware remains the same. Lumia black update can not be erased with a hard reset/restore.

Perhaps he has misunderstood how firmware updates are applied. Maybe he's under the impression that since its release, all Nokia devices have automatically been updated to Black.
    12-25-2013 10:20 AM

This is the Twitter conversation I had with the Nokia Care. https://twitter.com/KengLChang/statu...18576720629761

The battery drain appeared right after I applied Black update, I was trying to resolve that issue before everything else. Draining 3-4% of battery every 30 minutes renders the phone useless.

After I reset my phone, the apps were restored (re-downloaded) to the phone. Apparently the Nokia Cam it downloaded wasn't the latest version, so DNG was not an option.

Dude, you need to chill. I started using HTC HD7 before Mango update -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1020. I am fully aware what I am doing.
    niel27 likes this.
    12-25-2013 03:19 PM
    This is the Twitter conversation I had with the Nokia Care. https://twitter.com/KengLChang/statu...18576720629761

The battery drain appeared right after I applied Black update, I was trying to resolve that issue before everything else. Draining 3-4% of battery every 30 minutes renders the phone useless.

After I reset my phone, the apps were restored (re-downloaded) to the phone. Apparently the Nokia Cam it downloaded wasn't the latest version, so DNG was not an option.

Dude, you need to chill. I started using HTC HD7 before Mango update -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1020. I am fully aware what I am doing.
    Glad to know that. I did not mean to offend you.

Btw, how do you download all the apps again. Does the backup store app details? If it does then I just learned a new thing today, thanks to you! :-)
    12-25-2013 04:48 PM

Btw, how do you download all the apps again. Does the backup store app details? If it does then I just learned a new thing today, thanks to you! :-)
    You can find all previously purchased and downloaded apps at WindowPhone.com. Just log in and navigate to the appropriate section of the website. It will not restore app data (I.E: how you had it configured, game progress, etc), but still, at least you can find your stuff again.
    niel27 likes this.
    12-25-2013 07:03 PM
    So, it appears that Black did make the battery consumption for the phone worse? If so, I will just put it on hold until MS / Nokia release another fix regarding the battery issue.
    12-25-2013 08:18 PM
    Okay.
    12-25-2013 11:16 PM
    Hi.

Should we not have a sticky for software updates, i am wating for the black update in the UK, at the moment i have no were to check for updates.

John.
    12-26-2013 08:05 AM
    So, it appears that Black did make the battery consumption for the phone worse? If so, I will just put it on hold until MS / Nokia release another fix regarding the battery issue.
    For many of us there was no change. Like others on this forum my 1020 uses zero battery overnight, and will easily go a full day with moderate usage. The black updates to camera are significant, I would suggest doing the upgrade.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    12-26-2013 10:03 AM
    For many of us there was no change. Like others on this forum my 1020 uses zero battery overnight, and will easily go a full day with moderate usage. The black updates to camera are significant, I would suggest doing the upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback. But I'm kind of curious, how do you achieve zero battery consumption over the night? Are you on airplane mode? My 1020 has this issue that, it is still consuming battery even when on airplane mode. And by that, I'm seeing a fully charged 100% dropped to 95% in the morning for about 6-7 hours time. I'm only having Whatsapp with the background tasks. Is this considered as normal or something is wrong somewhere?

Thanks.
    12-26-2013 10:16 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. But I'm kind of curious, how do you achieve zero battery consumption over the night? Are you on airplane mode? My 1020 has this issue that, it is still consuming battery even when on airplane mode. And by that, I'm seeing a fully charged 100% dropped to 95% in the morning for about 6-7 hours time. I'm only having Whatsapp with the background tasks. Is this considered as normal or something is wrong somewhere?

Thanks.
    I cannot speak to your experience... But mine is much like my iPhone... I use very little battery at idle. I have push email configured but not much else in the background. Having said that, I'd be thrilled to lose only 5% overnight on my moto x, so I don't think your experience is out of the norm for smart phones overall.

chmun77 likes this.
    12-26-2013 10:21 AM
    These are excellent! This is good for my sister, as she's leaving for Paris for 6 months, and is using her 1020. :)
    12-26-2013 10:24 AM

If you turned on the backup setting then yes all the app you purchased will be re-downloaded when you perform a restore (new handset or reset). You will lose your any in app data such as game save, in-app download such as offline youtube video.
    12-26-2013 12:18 PM
    You can find all previously purchased and downloaded apps at WindowPhone.com. Just log in and navigate to the appropriate section of the website. It will not restore app data (I.E: how you had it configured, game progress, etc), but still, at least you can find your stuff again.
    You will like this app:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...9-693ca7f029c0

I use it often
    12-26-2013 01:40 PM
    If you turned on the backup setting then yes all the app you purchased will be re-downloaded when you perform a restore (new handset or reset). You will lose your any in app data such as game save, in-app download such as offline youtube video.
    So, how did it download the old version of the Nokia camera on your phone if it is just storing the app names in backup and no app data?

I am not being argumentative but the backup should have more than app name to download an older version. Is Microsoft hiding something?
    12-26-2013 01:44 PM
    This is completely off topic but I just found an excellent app:

Music player with voice commands. Pro features (in app purchase) free right now

Amusic

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/st...3-6f343e3a0f90

Ps. Get it now! Don't think much.
    12-26-2013 02:38 PM
91 1234