Battery? DESPONDENT!

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
After a full month using a Nokia 1020 on WP8, I'm back to using my old cranky iPhone, with reluctance.

There are just too many annoyances and shortcomings on this platform, I'm gutted I didn't defect to Android.

Anyhoo enough of me venting.

I only use the Nokia now for photos and videos and yet, the Nokia runs out of battery long before the iPhone does. I play music, podcasts and games to and from work and then a few phone calls and texts on my iPhone. My Nokia just sits there on idle. Why on earth is the Nokia's battery depleting so fast? No wifi or no bluetooth! I'm thinking of restoring the phone completely and just have imaging apps on it but that should not matter right?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Steven

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Is that some french curse? "DESPONDENT!" Yeah.. there's some bug with the battery from time to time, maybe once a month or two, it will drain like hell, but could be cause of one of the apps, do you use any Battery apps by any chance? If you do, unninstal them asap.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You know, it's weird, when I first updated to Black, my battery life became terrible, but after a week it just fixed itself. I'm getting atleast 20-24 hours out of the battery with moderate-heavy usage. Today i'm at 77% after 9 hours. It's not that bad. Something must be wrong with your phone. I say try 3 things. Check your apps, do you remember when it started becoming bad? Figure out if you downloaded a certain app. Next try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, then ask Nokia for a replacement.

quachhanthanh

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I used to have a battery problem with my 1020 and i think it's because of my battery app. Now I'm on Black with Insider Pro for battery and everything is ok now. U should hard reset and try.

Sent from my RM-875_apac_vietnam_234 using Tapatalk

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but a hard reset did squat.

I don't see the logic in requiring a paid for app to perform basic functions that should have been the stock default in the/a phone. I've restored my 1020 to its default factory settings and instead of lasting a mere 8 hours on idle on a single charge, I now get 27+ hours. This included taking a few dozen photos and a 2.5 minute HD video. These were then also uploaded to my SkyDrive automatically connected to wifi. So I'm now happy but remain disappointed that I had to do this just to address a draining battery issue. Poor show Microsoft.

fnanfne

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I say try 3 things. Check your apps, do you remember when it started becoming bad? Figure out if you downloaded a certain app. Next try a hard reset. If that doesn't work, then ask Nokia for a replacement.

I downloaded a plethora of apps when I got the phone so there'd be no way to ascertain which app is/may be at fault. I did check the "background tasks" setting and no apps had this privilege.

Once thing I noticed after restoring my phone was that the time shown on my lockscreen was, at times, red. It's now just solid white throughout.

Any idea what that could have been?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes