wp version?

o_OAndys

May 1, 2014
Visit site
So i just got my 1020, and i did an update from settings, but is 8.1 not available yet? I dont have the drag down option from menu, and when i hold back button it shows running processes but i have to go to it to close them out by hitting back again. Im new to this platform, please help.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
About getting the WP8.1, you should read this (long but very easy step by step procedure). But please keep in mind that this is a developer preview version which has some bugs, most noticeable one is the battery drain (gets back to normal after about a week of use), and some lag when returning to the start screen (very rare).
All you need to know about the Windows Phone 8.1 'Preview for Developers' | Windows Phone Central
Keep in mind that the first time you check for an update, it will download a 2MB preparatory update and then restart the phone (if it takes a lot of time, don't panic - mine took about half an hour). Then when the phone restarts, you have to check for an update again and this time it will download WP8.1 Dev Preview.

[TIP]Please hard reset your phone before and after installing the update to make sure that you have a clean install and won't have most of the problems. Please PREFER NOT TO RESTORE YOUR BACKUP. It helps in removing the lag.[/TIP]
you can PM me for any further help, or head to the forums here for WP8.1 Dev Preview (Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers - Windows Phone Central Forums)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes