The 1020 on the AT&T LTE Network

TheMetro

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I just got my new Nokia 909 aka Lumia 1020 for at&t. If the device is supposed to utilize LTE for data, I don't yet see it. All I see in the upper left is "4G", not "LTE" or "AT&T LTE". What gives? Do I need to worry about adding an internet APN or mms APN? Please let me know, as I plan on going to the at&t retail store this afternoon to get a new LTE-capable SIM card. Thanks!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about anything until you try a new SIM card. There's shouldn't be anything necessary to get LTE on a 1020.

Just curious, did you come from an LTE device?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The SIM card needs to be LTE enabled. I think that's all you should be concerned about, unless the phone the SIM came from was LTE enabled.
Also worth noting that outside the US, 4G IS LTE. (At least in France)

TheMetro

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about anything until you try a new SIM card. There's shouldn't be anything necessary to get LTE on a 1020.

Just curious, did you come from an LTE device?

The SIM I'm using right now is an at&t one, but for a non-LTE Nexus 4, which I've now phased out. My other cell is a Verizon BlackBerry Z30 that I successfully migrated to at&t. A few weeks ago I had gotten an LTE-compatible SIM card from at&t, and it works great on the Z30. So I'm hoping a new at&t LTE SIM is all I'd need for my new 1020.

TheMetro

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
It's all good. Just as I suspected, the rep at the at&t retail store had to give me a brand new LTE-compatible SIM card. Now my 1020 is purring nicely on at&t's LTE network.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
That's good! Kinda jealous of that Z30. I came from Blackberry before I went to WP7.5. I have a Playbook, but never got to play with a new BB10 phone. That OS looks quite elegant. Its a shame they dug themselves in such a hole before they brought it out.

TheMetro

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
The Z30, my productivity tool, is great, particularly with the Hub, the huge battery and nice speakers. Having Android runtime is nice as far as apps. The 1020's camera drew me in. The 909 is now my social toy, although I'm open to see how it can also help me manage my personal business. I like the combo I have now, because both WP8 and BB10's UIs make a whole lot of sense. By the way, did any of you go the developer route and install Windows Phone 8.1? I'm itching to do so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon