Favorite News/RSS reader

sguy156

May 5, 2014
Visit site
What's the favorite news reader for reading RSS and news from various sources.
Used to use magnify beta since I dev charges for the app , not sure how does it is compared to nextgen or wave . Have no issues paying for the app just don't want two apps for the same purpose.

Clodderes

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I've used Magnify when I'm at Wi-Fi. And nextgen reader when I'm at cellular. I like magnify better, but it's slower and use a lot of data.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I've switched between Phonly and NextGen most often as they seem to be the most feature complete and best designed. Phonly has more emphasis on looking good with a smooth interface while NextGen goes for full-functionality with minimalist, "Modern UI", designs.

I'm going to try Magnify again, but most other readers I've just not liked the interface. Also, Feedly integration is required for me.

Edit: Uninstalled Magnify. Too clunky for me. Also, as a forewarning, unpinning in magnify = unsubscribe. And it sync back to Feedly the un-subscription. Accidentally deleted a ton of feeds and had to restore from a backup.

Last edited:

AntZoo

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I use the Nextgen reader myself. After trying out a number of apps I found it to be the best for me. It really depends on your use case.
Sent from my 1020 using Tapatalk

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Use case is to use one app to pull/view news ,rss from various sources like Flipboard instead of me opening CNET , Engadget all .

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is kind of an unorthodox suggestion, but the inoreader.com mobile site works nicely in IE. With it you can keep in sync with the reading you do on other devices too. It can use readability.com to show you the full text of the article for feeds that only send a snippet, which is really handy.

AdamDawes

Feb 4, 2011
www.adamdawes.com
Please excuse the plug, but you guys might like to take a look at my RSS reader app, RSS Central, which currently has an average 4.5 stars over many hundreds of reviews. It's fast, packed with features, supports feed searches, import and export via OneDrive and Dropbox in .opml format, is translated into 12 languages (for the WP version), is a universal Windows Phone/Windows 8 app, and comes with a fully-featured trial mode so you can evaluate everything without needing to pay.

Sounds worth a try? RSS Central can be found here: RSS Central | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
RSSCentralQC.png
I hope you like it! :)

SpunkForRobots

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Quick question, Adam: Does your RSS app require a Google account to sync?
This is the #1 reason I've avoided most of the RSS/Newsreader apps. I don't want to establish yet another account for just one need. For some reason, most of the popular RSS readers don't support authentication with a Microsoft account.

vosManz

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Modern Reader for me. It works with feedly, so I can sync it with the cloud. And I just want to read the news headlines. So I don't want all those images and unused space. Just a list of my feeds so I can see if there's something new, and a list of articles when I tap the feed name. Just perfect for me :) Available for Windows Phone and Windows 8

askerrep

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Flux! If you care about data, it has the best offline availability out of all of them. Shout out to the D!
Edit: D being developer of course

ericmackrodt

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If you wish, you could try my app, Feedsea. It's currently a closed beta, but anyone can join.
It's a Feedly client and you can use Facebook, Google, Twitter, Microsoft and Evernote to login as Feedly currently supports all of them.
Home - Feedsea

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss