Bought 2 unlocked at&t 1020s. how do I get 8.1? I am going on telus with these.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just bought two 1020s for my wife and I and I am wondering how can I get 8.1 on these? We had it on our Samsung ativ's and love it, and want this on the nokias as well.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I just bought two 1020s for my wife and I and I am wondering how can I get 8.1 on these? We had it on our Samsung ativ's and love it, and want this on the nokias as well.

Either via developer preview (which would at present mean downgrading to 8.0 with the recovery tool when Cyan's released for that combination), or waiting until said release.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh,

and when the official is released, How hard is the downgrade to 8.0 when the time comes If I do use developer preview. That's what I was using on our samsungs.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If anyhow you are planning to go to Telus and if you are thinking of downgrading again to 8.0 -> Better see if you can flash Telus ROM on your phone and then have Cyan update first. You can then go for 8.1 DP while you will not have to downgrade again since you will have Cyan already.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Go for the dev preview + GDR1, cyan is a minor update for older Lumia's, you dont gain much by waiting. At the very least be aware that if you have to downgrade you are highly likely to lose some data from apps or games so waiting for the eventual fix for DP users might be best.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Downgrading is easy. You just have to plug it in, download the file/ROM. As long as you have decent internet.

Although, being this close, id probably just wait for the official.

I haven't seen the info that Cyan wont offer imaging enhancements to older phones, but people seem to be saying that. I don't know where that came from.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Downgrading is easy. You just have to plug it in, download the file/ROM. As long as you have decent internet.

Although, being this close, id probably just wait for the official.

I haven't seen the info that Cyan wont offer imaging enhancements to older phones, but people seem to be saying that. I don't know where that came from.

The loss of data is more of a concern than speed, IMO. And from comments from 925 owners there have been no reported fixes or tweaks to their camera, same for 1020 users who have updated. Hence why I dont see any particular reason to hold out for cyan.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
The loss of data is more of a concern than speed, IMO. And from comments from 925 owners there have been no reported fixes or tweaks to their camera, same for 1020 users who have updated. Hence why I dont see any particular reason to hold out for cyan.

That's fine, I just don't trust people's anecdotal feedback when it comes to judging images. I've read some pretty absurd things over the years. Lol. ;). If MS/Nokia came out and said the Cyan Camera improvements only benefit the 1520 & Icon/930, I'd totally say don't wait for it as well.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Got developer preview installed on mine, doing my wife's tonight. So much better than 8.0. and LTE activated when I did it as well. PERFECT!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon