I have a question concerning updating the 1020 to CYAN, need help.

aziouazrayes

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello

So I just bought a 1020 and I have fulfilled my dream (phone wise). I have it on Windows 8.1 and BLACK update so I guess it's still on DEVELOPER PREVIEW. When I go to SETTINGS>ABOUT it says CARRIER: CV GBIE. I searched and I know it's COUNTRY VARIANT GB & Ireland (am I right?).

Question 1 is, I checked the support page in NOKIA.COM and there is no GB & IRELAND, there's ENGLAND (CV) and IRELAND separately. SO, which one should I update to? and When I check for updates it says IT'S UP TO DATE so should I downgrade to WP8 first?

Question 2: the phone works fine with my SIM (MOBILIS>ALGERIA) so I guess it's UNLOCKED right? Should I worry it would lock again once updated?

I appreciate any help. THANK YOU

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't comment on the lock but I went from DP down to wp8 to download cyan and then back onto DP on my 1020, and it runs much smoother.

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
if there was no change of rom then yes it is unlocked... and you can try Nokia Software Recovery Tool on your pc to upgrade to cyan... it will find itself the right rom... but make sure you have backed up everything before you procced...

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Settings > Backup > Apps and Settings, then select backup now. Be prepared to have to redo your home screen though so take a screen shot too 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes