Camera and related apps crash after pseudo Denim update or Gestures Beta

aljawo

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,
I got my 1020 almost useless since the Cameras and every related app using them crashes when they start. Even some apps didn't even install from the backup restore (exclamation mark on a grayed icon).
My Here Maps stopped working too, however HERE Drive works OK.

I am not sure if all started after Denim update (actually Extras + Info update showing denim) or right after I installed the Beta version of Gestures App.

The biggest problem is that even using the Recovery Tool 5.0.0 or the Nokia Suite, I am able to rollback the phone at least to 8.0. It fails stating that it cannot switch the phone into flashing mode.

OS version: 8.10.14219.341
Firmware: 3051.50009.1424.0004

I need help please with this. Should I uninstall the Developer Preview App ? Can it be because I am not using stock SW version ?

:eck:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Go ahead and uninstall the dev prev app, go through the restarts and check if these issues are still there

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,
I got my 1020 almost useless since the Cameras and every related app using them crashes when they start. Even some apps didn't even install from the backup restore (exclamation mark on a grayed icon).
My Here Maps stopped working too, however HERE Drive works OK.

I am not sure if all started after Denim update (actually Extras + Info update showing denim) or right after I installed the Beta version of Gestures App.

The biggest problem is that even using the Recovery Tool 5.0.0 or the Nokia Suite, I am able to rollback the phone at least to 8.0. It fails stating that it cannot switch the phone into flashing mode.

OS version: 8.10.14219.341
Firmware: 3051.50009.1424.0004

I need help please with this. Should I uninstall the Developer Preview App ? Can it be because I am not using stock SW version ?

:eck:

To go in flashing mode in NCS, disconnect the phone from the PC and turn it off. in ncs select product->your product: RM-... Make sure you have No Connection selected on the left. Then, on the lower left select Programming->Recovery and hit Update to update the list with the firmwares you have. Hit Start and wait for the Retry screen. Hit retry and right away while holding the Lower Volume button on the phone, connect it to the PC. Hold the volume down until the message Rebooting appears in NCS. Also A screen should appear saying that you have not assigned a product code, just click ok as soon as it appears. I have done this several times and never had any problems. make sure you use a Nokia USB cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon