Nokia Lumia 1020 Camera

Don164

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I have recently managed to recently acquire a Nokia Lumia 1020. I bought it primarily because of the camera , it isn't my daily driver and was never intended to be although when it comes to cameras, it's quite tough to beat after being nearly 2 years old.

My problem is getting to know some of the Windows 8 OS and how it works with the camera. I couldn't manage to shoot a 38 megapixel photo as the default wasn't showing any options although I installed the Lumia camera and that has rectified that problem. I'm more interested in the large photos than the shrunken down form so:

1) Is it possible to take just the full size picture ?! (I don't really want to be dealing with a 5 megapixel photo)
2) When I view a photo back after I've taken it, am I viewing the 5 megapixel photo or the 38/ 36 ?!
3) Is their an easier way to transfer these large photos to my laptop quickly without having to go through the whole laptop connectivity procedure ?! I tried uploading to One Drive although just the small image gets uploaded not the 38 megapixel photo.

Thank You All

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
1) I don't think so
​2) Not sure
​3) On my 1020 the "pro" size image gets backed up to OneDrive automatically. I'd re-check the settings to make sure you've got them set as you want.

Don164

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
1) I don't think so
​2) Not sure
​3) On my 1020 the "pro" size image gets backed up to OneDrive automatically. I'd re-check the settings to make sure you've got them set as you want.

On the Lumia I find it extremely frustrating navigating the phone but I refuse to leave the camera ! I can't seem to sync my photos. Another thing is, I'm trying to view these photos on my Note 3 and I doubt One Drive would be able to distinguish them both. I just want it syncing with the Lumia and have it on my note for Viewing purposes.

rAj06

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Try Proshot app, it gives you an option to shoot in 34 MP alone. Its a paid app, you can give it a try and purchase if ur interested. Also, Camera360 Sight has this option.. You can check it out too.

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
To clarify:
1. It is not possible to take just the 34/38 MP picture. Phone always creates a "oversampled" 5mp version.
2. If you're browsing your photos with standard gallery from the phone, You browse the 5 mp ones. However there are some apps allowing you to browse the 34/38 mp version of the photo directly from the phone.
3. Since WP 8.1 setting "best quality" transfers 34/38 mp version of the photo onto OneDrive. You can find that setting in Settings (swipe left/right into apps) > Photos + Camera > Automatic transfer (onedrive) > best quality (requires wi-fi).

Don164

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Your 3rd option has worked like a charm ! Sure it's an extra step or two I cant really complain as I get my photos wherever !

Quick question seeing as this tread is open, I'd like to ask, on the lockscreen (When the phone is off) the time appears, how can I take this off ?! I have the camera grip case as well and it's showing some kind wavy sign as well ?! What is this and how can I get rid of it.

Thanks all

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Wavy sign may be vibrate?
The always-on screen thing is Glance. Poke around the settings to turn Glance off (that'll help battery life too).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon