Updating to 8.1 on T-Mobile Question

elmitch

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone I have a question I was hoping someone can help me on. I just purchased a 1320 RM995 and using it on T-Mobile. I was going to install the Dev. Preview but I'd rather wait for the actual update.

My question was how to update the Nokia 1320 when 8.1 rolls out officially on T-Mobile. Does T-Mobile send an update out automatically, do you have to force it, etc?

Thanks everyone

FYI - I had a HTC HD7 with mango, went to the iPhone and glad to be back on Windows!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If it's set to automatically go look for updates it will do it on its own and tell you an update is available. Checks can also be forced by going into settings and "phone update", and hitting the button in there.

elmitch

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey David thank you for the quick reply. I forgot to ask on my original question even though my Nokia 1320 is an "unlocked" phone not a "T-Mobile branded Nokia" will I still be able to get the update regardless?

Anyone have that answer it would be greatly appreciated.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey David thank you for the quick reply. I forgot to ask on my original question even though my Nokia 1320 is an "unlocked" phone not a "T-Mobile branded Nokia" will I still be able to get the update regardless?

Anyone have that answer it would be greatly appreciated.

If it's a sim free, unbranded and factory unlocked, it will say "Country Variant" or "CV" in the about section. If it says that then you aren't at the mercy of T-Mobile's update schedule, despite the fact you are with them.

Col Panic

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same phone on tmo turn your location off and set your country to Brazil and 8.1 will start downloading just don't forget to change back to usa

Last edited:

wowsher

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I did not have to change country to get 8.1 on t-mobile. I bought mine from newegg (rm-995_lta_lta_203 according to extras+info), took out of box and did about 4 or 5 updates and when I was done it was on 8.1 cyan. I did have to change the language from Spanish to English so I could tell what was happening but I doubt it affected the update :)

elmitch

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I did the same thing too and I was able to get the official 8.1 update.

Has anyone had an issue with Cortana? Mine is working fine but I knew 2 other people that Cortana was not available after they updated to 8.1 like I did???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon