FCC VZN phone really 1520 variant?

anon(7822905)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Even though that it's one source, WPcentral made the article about the most recent report from the FCC and how a WP for VZN just went through. And it is said that this phone MAY be the 1520 variant that was leaked just a few days ago BUT!! its only measured out to about the size they say of the NL650.

So what do you guy have to think about this? is this misread and it is the variant to the 1520? headed to VZN? or do you think we won't be seeing the variant for a while or not at all???!!!!

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think you are right.....something just does add up. The guys at WPC do a great job....but think some wires got crossed on this one :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
No it is not the 1520, What was posted in the article about what FCC has is a variant of 625. It is too small to be the 152X variant.

There could be a 152X variant for VZN but it has not hit the fcc yet. Once it does sure info will be posted.

anon(7822905)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I think you are right.....something just does add up. The guys at WPC do a great job....but think some wires got crossed on this one :)

Its seriously doesn't! that's why I thoughts something was up. I mean its nice that VZN is getting a new WP but to think that we want either the 1520 or at least a variant of it. I mean I bet it'll be a good phone but still come on man lets just get the 1520 for gosh sacks lol

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
How did we get our wires crossed? We pointed out this was NOT a phablet device but something closer to the Lumia 625 in terms of size.

"It also revealed the dimensions of the device as 137x71x9 mm (the 9mm is an approximation). That would put RM-927 at nearly the same dimensions as the Lumia 625 (133.25x72.25x9.15 mm), but not anywhere near as large as a phablet like the Samsung Galaxy Note III, which comes in at 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm. The takeaway? RM-927 isn’t a phablet."

It's still a rather large phone though...something at least 4.7-inch or larger, maybe even 5-inch.

Regarding the leaked photo the other day, there were no specs or dimensions with that image either--people just assumed Lumia 1520 in every which way.

"The source of the leak stated the device would come with a 20MP sensor (just like the Lumia 1520) and that this was a really big Windows Phone device"

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
How did we get our wires crossed? We pointed out this was NOT a phablet device but something closer to the Lumia 625 in terms of size.

It's still a rather large phone though...something at least 4.7-inch or larger, maybe even 5-inch.

Regarding the leaked photo the other day, there were no specs or dimensions with that image either--people just assumed Lumia 1520 in every which way.

Seriously, why can't people comprehend this. Then there's the dope in the comments of the article telling everyone that rm-927 is coming with a 20mp camera, although you were clearly saying that the rumored 1520 variant that was leaked was coming with one as it clearly says on the casing in the picture.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well...maybe they call it the Lumia 999...not quite 1020 because only 21mp. But it is 4.7 or 4.8" screen and has some high end features...maybe quad core, maybe 2gb RAM, maybe 32GB storage. Who knows...but I really hope 1080p is a possibility. Though Dan's article seems to think not.

anon(7822905)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

I mean, I just done like how that the actual 1520 is coming to VZN. I completely understand how this phone is the variant that we've been talking about but from my personally thoughts and opinions I just don't like how it is smaller than 5.5 or 6 inches. I mean sure this phone is close to the Note 3 but I'd just like something WAY close to the 1520. All that is coming from me. and the way I think about this whole situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon