Theverge review claiming iPhone 5s has better camera than 1520 Lol

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know much about cameras and I certainly have no idea how good the 5s camera is. But this sentence is just not an argument, it's not even an excuse. This is what troubles Windows Phone (users defending it) since release: "Just give it time, just give it time, it's still new!"

A product that is being sold is compared to other products that are being sold, and if the camera of the 1520 is bad now because of software, it's just the way it is.

This! It happened with the 900, 920, 1020, and now the 1520. Very disappointing how this always happens. It's completely unacceptable, and inexcusable.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I think that them not knowing the different functions of the camera, like action shot, means they didn't take time to learn the equipment.

Sent from my temporary device using Tapatalk

I think taking burst shots is easier and better on the iPhone. You just hold the camera button, while WP needs to go to the camera app, press the lens button, open the burst mode, then do it.

Shockwave78

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the 5s and have been dying to get away from iOS for the last 3yrs. Ordered the nokia 1520 on the 8th. I have played with a 2 different phones, one at the Microsoft store and one at the AT&T store. My initial jmpressikns from just instore shots are that yes, the 5s has the better camera.

I am due to receive mind Thursday or Friday and will do comparison shots. Hopefully I am wrong. But just from the instore stuff I took, there is now way it is going to blow the 5s away, or even come close to doing that.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the 5s and have been dying to get away from iOS for the last 3yrs. Ordered the nokia 1520 on the 8th. I have played with a 2 different phones, one at the Microsoft store and one at the AT&T store. My initial jmpressikns from just instore shots are that yes, the 5s has the better camera.

I am due to receive mind Thursday or Friday and will do comparison shots. Hopefully I am wrong. But just from the instore stuff I took, there is now way it is going to blow the 5s away, or even come close to doing that.

Hardware wise that shouldn't be the case. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some firmware improvements. Also, raw format images should show if this is the case.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hardware wise that shouldn't be the case. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some firmware improvements. Also, raw format images should show if this is the case.

while true, the 5S has f2.2 while the 1520 is f2.4, so in low light it should gather better light, now the flash on the 5S is superb the true tone flash is pretty cool, not sure why nokia didnt use that, im pretty sure is not patented, or is it? the 1520 will have the capabilities to zoom in more and get more detail.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Like I said, people shouldn't have to wait several months to see improvements in their phones, that's bs. And even more, you shouldn't have to fiddle around with a billion settings (exaggerating) to get the best picture. It should be quick and easy. This is one thing Apple has a huge upper hand against others. Other companies may do the same thing that some Apple features have or just got, but Apple really does make it better and easier to do. Also that their support and repairs kill Android and Windows Phone, and BlackBerry too.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
while true, the 5S has f2.2 while the 1520 is f2.4, so in low light it should gather better light, now the flash on the 5S is superb the true tone flash is pretty cool, not sure why nokia didnt use that, im pretty sure is not patented, or is it? the 1520 will have the capabilities to zoom in more and get more detail.

The sensor on the lumia 1520 is 1\2.5 while the iPhone 5s has a sensor of 1\3(I believe it may be 1\3.2) so with a larger sensor the 1520 will be able to gather more light and produce better images.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, people shouldn't have to wait several months to see improvements in their phones, that's bs. And even more, you shouldn't have to fiddle around with a billion settings (exaggerating) to get the best picture. It should be quick and easy. This is one thing Apple has a huge upper hand against others. Other companies may do the same thing that some Apple features have or just got, but Apple really does make it better and easier to do. Also that their support and repairs kill Android and Windows Phone, and BlackBerry too.

Nokia continues to improve the software for their cameras, if you ask me it shows support of the their products. With the new nokia black update, nokia continue s to improve the imaging algorithms, and this shows dedication from nokia to the customers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
When I tried the 1520 in-store, I took a picture of a display about 15 feet away. I then zoomed in to read small tags and product info.

The stuff was a blur on the iPhone.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Looking forward to seeing your comparison shots!!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree the iPhone takes pictures faster, but you can get the same results with the 1520, just not in the "Pro" camera settings (I believe)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I am fine with the Verge review. As WP gets more and more sales, they will be forced to adjust what they know and how they aproach MS products. If MS keeps going in the direction they have been, their support/ecosystem will be rival to Apple's in about a year or so, their products will have excellent options all the way up and down the range of a slew of devices that neither Apple or Google can compete with (laptops, PC's, Tablets, Smartphones), and the built in tools and available apps will be second to no one anymore.

By the way, Phone Arena has become quite a site for a pro-Android vibe in the past year and a half. They were very balanced when I first started visiting them in 2010, and I have used them as my "go to" site for general news since. I love their site set up for comparison tools and such. They just floored me with the complimentary review of the 1520:

Nokia Lumia 1520 Review

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes