1520 Keeps asking me to confirm access point

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
same here on my 920, with all the latest updates, (GDR3 etc) am in the uk on vodafone PAYG, every reboot i get asked to select it, bit annoying

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just had a chat with Nokia Care Chat and they suggest I try and reset the phone. Will do so tonight and update here if it helps or not.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I reset the phone and it stopped asking for which Access Point to use.

The version info in the Access Point app after resetting was -

Version 3.8.06
Library 2.5.0.9
Database 3.13430.0.0
MCC/MNC/SPN 234/159/-

In the next update check cycle, it offered me an update to the Access Point app. I didn't load it on for a day or two. Once I updated it, the phone is asking me to confirm which access point to use upon boot up and randomly during the day.

The current version info is -
Version 3.9.0.0
Library 2.5.0.9
Database 3.13430.0.0
MCC/MNC/SPN 234/159/-

So, it looks like a problem with Version 3.9.0.0 of Access Point.

Waiting for Nokia Live Chat to be free so I can let them know my findings.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Chatted with Nokia support. My browser crashed at the end, I hope they don't think I 'hung up' on them!

Anyway, they asked if I would send my phone to them so the techs could investigate. I declined as I don't think it's too much of an issue to cause me to be without my phone for however long it takes them to return it to me.

I did say they could contact me and I'd help in any way other than being without my handset.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have been watching the phone a little more closely over the past few days and I think the Access Point thing may be a red herring!
Every now and then, the phone is rebooting for no apparent reason. Upon boot-up, I do get asked to confirm Access Point (which according to Nokia Live Chat, should not happen. If I reboot the phone myself, I get asked to confirm on boot-up so something is up with this).

Anyway, I thought some program was setting my volume low all of the time, but now I see after the phone has crash/rebooted the volume is set to 14 or 15.

I think the next step is to stop all programs from running in the background to see if that cures the periodic crash/reboot unless anyone has any ideas as to how I can see any crash/dump reports from Windows Phone 8?

giraffe81

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I too get this every time I restart my phone. I have just checked and have the latest 3.9 access point and am also on Vodafone contract.

However unlike you my phone doesn't reboot itself, only have this when I reboot myself by holding the power button.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just had a spontaneous reboot. Was just sat talking to my sister and boom, reboot into asking me to confirm access point. So, at least I can re-enable my background tasks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes