1520 Hairline Crack Out of Nowhere

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
mine was $100 for a 928 and an s3. Both are about the same retail price or more than the 1520. I would be calling bs

Contract calls for $199 deductible on smartphones. Been that way since I started with AT&T in Nov, 2012... One reason I don't use it. $10 a month + $200 for a refurbished phone exchange? If it was a NEW phone, I would think about it, but not a refurb...

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine on Verizon with assurion I am almost positive is $5 a month and $100 last I checked. Is there an alternative online to carrier insurance

watdawg44

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I too have experienced the hairline crack issue. I had the phone in my pocket (loose fitting tuxedo pants). So there was a lot of room when I sat down, the phone didn't even feel like it was in my pocket compared to having it in my jeans pocket. This has to be a defect?

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
That's weird, do you have a screen protector? A phone will not crack magically unless an external force hit it.

So NOT true! Both my daughter and son-in-law's phones screens cracked within a week of each other. While my daughter and I were running around trying to get hers fixed or replaced, his cracked a week later. Neither one of them had dropped their phone or done anything to them. My daughter's phone was on the counter in the bathroom and when she came back for it to head out for the day she discovered that it was cracked and wouldn't work. The insurance that they bought for the phones won't cover the replacement and both phones were only three weeks old when this all began. Neither one of them should have had this happen to them. Jacob's phone was simply in his pocket and when he pulled it out it was cracked and now only works intermittently. With all of the features on the phone they forget to build quality into them. While other manufacturers are smashing phones the cement ground to test them, these Nokia phones won't hold up by simply sitting on a counter top or in a pocket...this makes them crap phones.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So NOT true! Both my daughter and son-in-law's phones screens cracked within a week of each other. While my daughter and I were running around trying to get hers fixed or replaced, his cracked a week later. Neither one of them had dropped their phone or done anything to them. My daughter's phone was on the counter in the bathroom and when she came back for it to head out for the day she discovered that it was cracked and wouldn't work. The insurance that they bought for the phones won't cover the replacement and both phones were only three weeks old when this all began. Neither one of them should have had this happen to them. Jacob's phone was simply in his pocket and when he pulled it out it was cracked and now only works intermittently. With all of the features on the phone they forget to build quality into them. While other manufacturers are smashing phones the cement ground to test them, these Nokia phones won't hold up by simply sitting on a counter top or in a pocket...this makes them crap phones.

O right yeah sure, they just crack without any pressure applied to them, both in one week.

Sorry I would love to discuss this further but I have to go chase that pig that just flew past my window on the 22nd floor.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Indeed. It seems being in pants not long before noticing a crack is a common theme. I would likely guess that folks are bumping things without realizing it.

why phone

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket (chest pocket) only to find a single hairline crack. It runs diagonally across the top with the camera module being directly underneath it. Here is a photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thenewamtrak/13572368525/
I baby this phone. Never dropped, when I sit down I take it out of my pocket. I've owned smartphones for 6 years and nothing like this has happened. I'm going to see what my carrier says.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket (chest pocket) only to find a single hairline crack. It runs diagonally across the top with the camera module being directly underneath it. Here is a photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thenewamtrak/13572368525/
I baby this phone. Never dropped, when I sit down I take it out of my pocket. I've owned smartphones for 6 years and nothing like this has happened. I'm going to see what my carrier says.

That's an impact crack right near the top right of the glass. So it definitely had something bump into it or hit it at some point.

It also looks like it may have taken a ding up near the top left at some point...that or it's some gnarly white stuff. It's usually best to clean the screens before taking photos so we can tell what's damage and what's fluff. :)

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
hi
just a question since english is not my native tongue.

when you talk about "pocket" do you mean the back pocket of your pants?!?
because it should be go without saying, that you dont put such a device in your back pocket...

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine has hairline crack but you can't notice. Just last week i was cleaning my phone and notice it. I'm not sure if it was there since day one or not.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon