Picture quality of the L1520

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have doubts about the quality of pictures taken when the settings are 5mp + 16mp jpeg or even the 5mp + 16mp dng ? I found a dng viewer and the pictures are fuzy to me. I assumed they'd be much better. Am I missing something?

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have doubts about the quality of pictures taken when the settings are 5mp + 16mp jpeg or even the 5mp + 16mp dng ? I found a dng viewer and the pictures are fuzy to me. I assumed they'd be much better. Am I missing something?

They are compressed when viewing on your PHAB Phone. Have you opened a file ( not emailed) on your PC/Mac and looked at a picture ?

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, especially the dng file that is about 20mb in size, very fuzzy. Now, I am not using any top of the line adobe product, its a free dng viewer.

Richard_Indy

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm also wondering if my amzer cover is getting in the way. On y L920, I have a Ballistic case and I found that the hole surrounding the lens and flash degraded flash pictures because the edges are too close to the camera lens and flash. I'm testing pics taken without a case now.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Turn flash off, the camera is pretty good without it. Led flashes suck because they don't allow you to freeze your subject they just put more light on them and hope for the best, nut there almost pointless on a phone

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
RAW images are unprocessed and therefore usually look worse compared to processed jpegs. Only photos taken with 100-ISO may look better. There is no reason for you to use 5mpix+RAW unless you want alter images afterwards in photo editing program.

rbiasca

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Still, they should not look fuzzy, they should look a little flat. The pictures out of my 1520 look great in Lightroom

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Could it be noise you are seeing? NR algorithms in the camera's jpeg processing would hide most of that.

Also, If memory serves me. I recall some RAW formats contained a small jpeg for viewing. I'm not sure if this could be what's coming up in the viewer. I could be wrong there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas