There is one thing that really don’t help WindowsPhone and that is exclusivity that all provider sign with phone manufacturer…

Samsung understand that a long time ago and they arethe best seller phone in the world… when you want a Samsung phone, every providersale the same branded phone … (I’ll speak for Canada because I not sure in US,but it’s probably the same) you like to get a S4 or a note 3, I can go to anyprovider in Canada and get the phone… probably they all got a different versionof the phone but all have the same phone, so just have to chose the provider andget the phone…

If you look at windows phone and Nokia, every providerhave a exclusivity on a different model… if you’d like a specific model, youhave to pray that the provider where you like to get your service is the onehaving the exclusivity… and is not that easy to buy a phone from a provider touse it on different one…

The lumia 1020 that Rogers sale in Canada use a modemwith I think ALL the major frequency. Correct me if I’m rong but I think thisphone can work basically on any provider in the world:

GSM/EDGE Bands: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    HSPA+/HSPA Bands: 850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz
    LTE Bands: 2100MHz

a single model can work anywhere..

Basically, If Microsoft want to help their cause, they should use thesame business model then Samsung… a single Model on the most provider possible…

Apple does that and LG start to do so with the G2…

I think if Microsoft start doing the same with Nokia, the platform willexpend faster…

What are your thoughts on that?
    01-23-2014 09:04 PM
    I have to agree. WP8 only has few devices and to make it worst, high end phones are exclusive to one carrier in whole country. Even though I am on AT&T, still dislike this exclusivity thing.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-23-2014 10:05 PM
    I have been telling @Windowsphone and @JohnLegere the same thing, start carrying multiple WP devices, one for each low, middle and high end range.
    01-23-2014 10:11 PM
    If there were no exclusivity, I wouldn't be using a Samsung Galaxy 3. Thats truth, Microsoft.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    01-23-2014 10:18 PM
    Isn't there a thread about the every week?
    01-23-2014 10:26 PM
    It would be nice to have all the same phones going to every carrier. However, they would need more than one phone for the carriers too. The 929/Icon and the 1520 would be an amazing pair to have for every carrier. It would be perfect to compete against the S4 and Note.
    01-23-2014 10:42 PM